Tuesday, February 1, 2011

HOLA FAMILIA

Hola familia! Another week down at the MTC, it is SO true what they say, the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. It is crazy. I can not believe its already P-day again. I Love getting all of your letters all week.

Sooo new stuff going on here. Well yesterday my class talked about the Word of Wisdom. We talked about all the ways that our investigators can over come addictions. Ex. get a blessing, stay busy, avoid temptations, sing songs, ext. Well then our teacher said "well we are going to do an experiment so you know HARD it is to give up an addiction"...so I decided I was finally going to give up my drinking habits (its getting kinda hard to hide at the MTC)...hahaha CHISTE (significa joke). haha so we thought we'd have give pick something. NOPE our teacher decided that we were going to give up English. SERIOUSLY? For a day? Nope for a whole week. No hablo en Ingles por uno semana (week). Of course we can write our families in English. Crazy right? She said we are going to have to do all the things they would do. Pray a ton...sing songs...stay busy. If we speak English its like our investigators giving up not drinking alcohol. Its difficult but it will help lots. Mostly I feel like a caveman because i am pointing at and acting out a lot of stuff haha.

So the other Hermanas in our district left last week :( they went to the Peru MTC because they got their visas. We were really sad but it has turned out to be OK. I am so happy for them because their Spanish is going to explode in Peru. Plus they can play soccer and its warm there.

Also one of our favorite districts left for Mexico on Monday. We are so sad, they were such a hard working good example. They maybe also took our trays every meal. Good Elders.

So an update on Elder Smith...we found his hiding place...IN THE CEILING, VOMITO(barf!). Haha. I think he might even have a family. No bueno.

Ok so mom you asked me some questions and I am remembering to answer them haha. So P-days...no we don't get to sleep in..haha we never sleep in past 6:30. We don't take naps either, we don't have time for them. Pero (but), P-days are really nice, we do laundry, go to the temple, write letters, and study. Its really nice. Also we get sack breakfast to eat while our laundry is being done. Um in gym we work out in the gym. There are 3 levels. 1. basketball courts/volleyball/four square. 2nd mats for like stretching and push ups. 3rd running track and elliptical/bikes/weights. Usually I run and lift weights. Friday nights we play volleyball with the hermanas and Elders. Sin embargo (however), we played a HARDCORE game of four square yesterday...i mean we had people LINED UP to play with us. haha for real. Like we even had one of the people come over and tell us if we kept diving we would lose our four square privileges (kinda like you job mom), i found like I was in 5Th grade again. Oh and you asked about meals...we have 35 minutes for meals. They have a couple different lines for stuff. Its really not that bad but I don't have a lot of options. Ice cream every Sunday and Wednesday though haha.

Thank you SO MUCH for the skirt. It is so pretty. I love it. I was definitely in need of another skirt. You guys are so awesome and I love you. Also thank you for the picture card, um i will send it next week because I still don't have too many pictures. I am so happy to have it though. I am so grateful for the friends and family that I have. I am so spoiled with packages and letters. I love them.

So yeah I've heard from Dave, Lisa, Chrissy, the nieces and nephews, Vanessa ext. Tell Vanessa I sent her a letter last Tuesday and will send her one today too...I hope they get to her. Also Loris first letter got sent back to me so she has 2 in the mail. Um Chelsea's letter also got sent back to me too so I don't know what to do? or where to send it. So help me out I want to write her haha.

Oh soo I had a ingrown toenail scare. 2 Elders in my zone have had them and they are NAASTY and they had to get this nasty procedure and I was pretty sure I had not only one but Two....so i really was stressing out (Elder Almquist said "girls get ingrown toenails?? NOOB)...so anyway my lovely companion made me go and get it checked out. GOOD NEWS...no ingrown toenail. SUPER HAPPY...

Oh and then the other night we were getting into bed and all of a sudden FIRE ALARM...haha we had to run out in our PJS and some people were brushing their teeth outside. haha it was crazy. (Crazy for the MTC).

I love it here, I have learned a lot of things this week...um its crazy how much you learn by constantly being surrounded by the spirit and constantly studying. I didn't think I could learn this much on my own.

Oh man my time is goiiiinnngg ahhh. ummm....

So we have all these fake investigators...they pretend to be investigators and we teach them every week. Its fun, but is really difficult in Spanish because I cant always express how I feel. SOO actually I think that's why I was called in Spanish so I wouldn't talk so much...seriously...

I was going to bring my study journal and give you scriptures to read but its in my back pack and my time is running way too short. But I'm in the Isiah chapters right now so its really hard. However I like reading my sciptures in Spanish better right now. Its so awesome! I can actually understand a lot of them.

Here are some of the quotes we found funny this week. "I'm really going to miss you Elderss"- Me "no youll be annoyed by us by the end" Elder Adams " No you will be trained by them"- Me. "women are programmed awesome"- Elder Almquist. "Ugh, I just flipped open to hypocrite"- Elder Garland. "Id rather die than smell bad" Elder Garland.....Elder Manu and Elder Almquist memorizing The first vision to breakfast at Tiffanie's. So much more.

I love you guys so much..I know this church is true..I know the Lord is so aware of all of us and will do all he can to help us.
\ I'm so lucky to have all of you, please take care of your selves
Have a good week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment