Friday, January 13, 2012

this week...

So warning...this is going to be short. We have a ton of stuff going on today but I love you all very much!


So this week was good, Im still learning lots from my new companion Hermana Hunter. She is a great missionary.


We had an appointment with Olivia, her son Blas and his wife Sheena. Olivia is a member who has been inactive for a year but she has now come to church 2 weekends in a row. We are teaching her son and wife. Her son is super confused about religion and she didn't grow up learning about religion at all. She was really receptive to us and she can already see how this is going to bless her marriage and family. We asked them if it was weird for them to here each other talk about God and they said yes but it was really nice.


Mario...hes progressing nice and slowly. He has a lot of fears but this week we have been teaching him about the plan and he really is soaking everything up. Slowly but surely it is helping him clear up his doubts.


One cool experience was with Jesus (we were teaching him and had to drop him a couple weeks ago). Well I had been thinking about him and Ingrid all day and we were about to go knock and I finally told my companion that I didn't know why but I had been thinking about them all day and she said she had thought about them as well so we decided to head over. We get there and Jesus is out side cooking carne asada. BECAUSE IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY! So we were there and shared a message with him and ate with them (I had grilled corn in case you were wondering) haha. I really know that the Lord's hand is in this work and I know that he loves Jesus and is really attentive of the things going on in his life.




WE FOUND CARLOS. It was such a miracle and we were able to have an appointment with him and teach him about the gospel. He accepted to prepare to be baptized next month!!! EXITO! We are really excited. He really understands the scriptures and has desires to serve his father in heaven.


Silvia is still getting baptized on the 28th and I am just so exited for their family. I can't wait when they get sealed in the temple!! That is the goal!


Mom, I will write you my schedule next week. I got to go.


I love you all so much and I just want you to know that this is God's work and his Kingdom. I am privileged to wear the name of our Savior every day and invite people to repent and come unto him!!


LOVE YOU ALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment