Monday, April 16, 2012

Homeless....homeless...Like the christ child was





What a week in the great california ventura mission!!!!! Hahaha. It has been so crazy. But first let me tell you thank you for the easter packages. I got one on Monday (the basket) with candy. Yum. And then the next day I got the package with the easter clothes. I loved the skirt a lot!!!! So cute. It might be my favorite skirt now. Thanks so much! I loved it. I then also got another package a few days later from Chrissy with pictures candy and a stuffed rabbit from Jaden. I loved it all!!! I have the best family ever!!!

So Ill explain the pictures first... The first one is from our trip last weekend to bakersfield with Hno Viellgas (Anastacio) that I told you about last week, the second is Sister Vasquez hunting for eggs, and the third is us in our car/home driving back from Lompoc sunday morning.


So about being homeless....so last week on wednesday we were coming back to our apartment for lunch and and we saw a little bit of water near our apartment (it had rained the night before so I thought nothing of it), but sister Vasquez jokingly said, "Maybe something happened to our apartment"..not only a second later our apartment manager came running around the corner into our apartment...we turned the corner to see our door open and steam rolling out of it. SO we got closer and noticed a bunch of water in our apartment, so we took our shoes off and waded in. The water came up to our ankles. So we did some quick inspection and none of our stuff was damaged but the carpet was pretty wet. A hot water pipe broke and they needed to do lots of repairs. So we had to stay with the Oxnard hermanas for a couple of days...then we went to Lompoc to do exchanges with them. It was like a full week sleeping on couches and mats. I often was singing "homeless...homeless...like the christ child was.." So funny.

However...I was SOOO grateful to be sleeping in our beds last night. I LOVE ADVENTURES.

This week has been pretty good. We have been able to talk to a ton of people and declare the gospel of Jesus Christ to them! So awesome.

Andres and his family are doing so great. Every time we come over and teach them they are getting more solid. He is totally ready for his baptism and would be getting baptized sooner but they only have time to have us over once a week. He'll be baptized next month!! The reason they are progressing so much is because everytime we invite them to do something...they do it and Heavenly Father blesses them. I love this family so much!

Steve is on track to be baptized next weekend (the 28th). He is doing so great and is so diligent in reading his scriptures daily. Everyone at church thinks he is a member. He will be getting baptized in a river. Its going to be so awesome. Tonight we are going to have a lesson about Jesus Christ, it is going to be super powerful. Then we will head to thousand oaks to do an exchange with the sisters from simi valley. I LOVE THIS!!

Haha oh man, I am just so tired...but that is good. I fully expect and want to go home in a body bag!!!!

We have just had SO much drama the last couple days/weeks with people but that just means heavenly father is preparing to bless us so much! We are still seeing miracles daily and I know this is the Lords work.
I have such a strong testimony in the scriptures. Any time I feel down or overwhelmed I read the scriptures and am filled with the spirit. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I must admit I am pretty behind with reading because of all the craziness but I have still read every day, it has just been a little shorter but I really LOVE the story of Nephi building the boat. It reminds me so much of people we teach and all the oposition they face as they try to do what God wants,. (just like laman and lemuel were harrassing Nephi for wanting to build a boat). I know that as we strive to do what the Lord wants us to do that they Lord will bless us and he will also bless those around us (because after they built the boat laman and lemuel were humbled). Keep reading and I will catch up eventually. In my normal studies I am in 3 Nephi 28, In spanish I am in Alma 36, and with you all I am in 1 Nephi 19.

Oh ok, well the only reason I was so worried about housing is becuase I was talking to Hna Clark (who went to BYUI for a long time) and she asked me where I was going to live and I said I had no idea nad she was like you need to get on that or you wont have a place to live. But Vanessa is there right now so Im sure she knows the best.

Love you all so much and I hope all is well with dad and his procedure. Let me know if there is anything I can do. Love you so much and take care!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment