Monday, April 23, 2012

Sooooo...

Hello family, can I first say that everyone is laughing at me as I write me email because I was going through so many emotions. I was reading Mariah's letter first and got all excited that she will be going to BYUI(woooo hooooo)...then I was reading yours and was tearing up reading that Jamie's parents are taking the lessons(awwwww), and then I was like (nooooo its not time for that......!!!!!!!!) can you guess which part that came for? I leave it up for you interpretation. Hahah just kidding I cant believe they are already asking you for that stuff.

No none of my stuff got ruined in the flood. We are back in the apartment with only a minor stink.

This week coming up is going to be so crazy. So we have had a sister in the mission from temple square and she is going back to temple square on wednesday. Which leaves her companion....companionless. So my companion Sister Vasquez will be heading up to Bakersfield tomorrow and I will be here with the SLC sister until wednesday, when me and one of the sisters from a tripan close by will drive her up to the Santa Barbara airport. Then we have Steve's baptism on wednesday (hes getting baptized in a river up to canyon)...then on Monday we have the incoming missionaries. We have 3 sisters coming in so we need to take them out for their first time and then they wil be staying with us over night. Then Wednesday we will have the departing sisters stay with us. CRAZY life. So next week is transfers, I shouldnt be leave BUT you never know. Hahaha. I keep telling Sister Vasquez I'm going to leave. haha.

This week has been really good. Last monday we had this AMAZING lesson with Steve, we decided that we were going to have a lessons about the life of Christ so he could really have the spirit testify to him of Christ as he prepares for his baptism and it was so strong. I know Christ lives!!!!!!

Im awkward....hahaha. So we were getting out of correlation meeting thursday night with the spanish branch and we were saying hi to the sisters, with the traditional half hug/cheek to cheek kiss thing. Then as we were walking away one of the single adults from the ward who were out with the elders said "hermana deme un besito"....or give me a little kiss. He was joking but I think I almost died and ran away.

I met this guy from Spokane Washington who use to be a Hells Angel and it was a really good lesson. The thing that was really interesting was that after talking to him for a little bit I realzied the Eldon Nelson went to the Spokane and I remember him telling me about an ex hell's angel. This guy then told me that missionaries use to show up to his house and his mother in law told me that one was from Las Vegas. Maybe Eldon???

We are teaching this really great family. The father is a less active and the wife is a non member. She took the lessons before but just wasnt ready. She was so excited to read in the Book of Mormon and asked us where we wanted her to be by the time we came back. So great. Then the whole family came to church on sunday and she LOVED it. Sister Vasquez and I taught the lesson in gospel principles about the Priesthood and as we were talking about the need to have authority to baptize I saw the husband nudge the wife. Haha. So great.

We finally got to go by this potential that I have been wanting to go by for a while and it turns out that just the day before they were talking to some members of the church at a scout camp and were invited to the 5 de Mayo party that the branch is having. Heavenly Father really works with people and I am so excited tocome back and teach them.

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY and I am so proud of you all, it seems like you are really doing missionary work. Keep inviting people over when ever you have the Elders over for dinner.

How is your scripture reading going? This week I really loved reading 2 Nefi 2. 26-29 are some of my favorite verses in all the Book of Mormon and Iknow that through the Restored gospel we really have the chance to choose eternal life!


LOVE LOVE LOVE
con carino,
Hermana Tippetts

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that the mission is going well. I might be wrong but I think you are due to come home soon... Is that right? Keep up the good work cousin, love ya!!

    ReplyDelete