Monday, June 18, 2012

Hello family from (Moorpark) which is very close to thousand oaks

Well...I did get your email mom and i didnt see anything attached to it so I am guessing that it will be coming in the mail this week. Ill wait for it. So to answer your question, yes I am in Moorpark, we live in an apartment and yes i will still be traveling. I will be traveling with Sister Clark! We wont be doing so many exchanges because of this being such a new thing but I am excited. Yesss... So I feel bad for Sister Bennett (my new companion!!) She had the craziest first week EVER! We had to stay in Ventura for a couple of days and we never really got to work together. Then we got here and had to figure this whole white washing thing. We didnt have any appointments and we knocked a lot. It has been really great though. Just really different but I guess she didnt know the diference. She is so great. We have a lot similarities. We LOVE cars. Its been kind of nice. Haha. she understands me. She knows Trevor Tippetts. Also at church on Sunday someone came up to me and told me they knew Tippetts in Vegas and she knew uncle Mark and aunt trudy and said she grew up with my cousins. That was pretty neat. We have a couple people with baptismal dates now..and a few new investigators. I just feel the spirit so much here. I can just feel that there is a huge reason we are here and this is where heavenly father wants us. Im not sure why but I was just thinking about all the things that had to happen so we could be here together and it just blows my mind and helps me know that this is really inspired. We talked to this family who the dad of the family isnt a member but comes to church every week and the wife is a convert and the son is about to go on a mission next month. So as we were there we invited the son to practice teaching the lessons with us to his mom and dad. When we invited them to do that we really felt the spirit and we have an appointment to do so this week. The youth in this ward/stake are AMAZING! There are so many converts who are in young mens and young womens and they are sharing the gospel with everyone. I am so impressed by them! I really feel like we are also here for the youth because they are so willing to open their mouths and share the gospel. I really love being a missionary and I have been reflecting on my mission and it really hit me this week that any of the success I have had on my mission had nothing to do with me, it was all just blessings of our Heavenly Father and from the Holy Ghost. presidente castro sent us this great quote this week: “I have felt impressed to speak today about the need for integrity—old-fashioned, personal, practical integrity. To me, integrity means always doing what is right and good, regardless of the immediate consequences. It means being righteous from the very depth of our soul, not only in our actions but, more importantly, in our thoughts and in our hearts. Personal integrity implies such trustworthiness and incorruptibility that we are incapable of being false to a trust or covenant.” (Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, Ensign, May 1990, 30) I like because I feel that is what we are trying to develop every day! I hope that I can be that person. I also heard that they opened up Personal Progress to everyone and im really excited to get my medalion when I get home! Well life is great and the greatest joy is serving the LORD! LOVE YOU ALL!!!! Hermana Tippetts!

No comments:

Post a Comment