Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Mom you are a facebook stalker!

First off....mom I cant believe you are stalking me on facebook!! Haha Yeah the boy that was in the picture with McKay is in my war..its the bishop's son. In fact the Hunt family actually lives here in Moorpark and are in my ward. I havent seen them yet. Small world. I think I will answer all your questions first because I always seem to forget them. Well reply to what you said. Lets see...ya the beach would be just fine as long as we go to church in Cali(what part of california is it in). Haha you said that Bentley was a little more filled out and said you cant wait to see me...hahahaha well you'll get the same effect..a little more filled out hahaha. ANYWAY. Uh, I will fill out this returned missionary sheet and send it to you. Dad told me to fax it but I dont really have the resources to do that. But ill send it good ol snailmail. Also I am pretty sure that is our address here in Moorpark. Well this week has been super great! I love Moorpark. At the begining of the week we went down to Ventura to have a meeting with President and then I worked with Hna Clark a little bit to plan the exchanges a little more. I know I said this last week but the youth here is SOO amazing. We were at the ward mission leaders house to have ward correlation and as we got there the girls from mutual were leaving and one of the young women introduced us to her friends and we were ableto get an appointment with both of them. They both have come to youth conference and participated in the road show! We taught 16 year old boy who wants to get baptized so bad but he can't because his parents have yet to sign the permission form but he was telling us how he has to hide his book of mormon under his mattress. He also said " I dont really understand all of this...but I know its true". He has such a strong testimony of the gospel. Its awesome! The bishop here is really great and has taken these boys in (there are this group of boys who are all learning about the gospel). It really reminds me of my group of friends growing up. We have been knocking a lot and Sister Bennett is really on fire. I know it must be hard to be in your first area and knock a ton but she is really just doing work!! I am so proud of her and know she is going to be an amazing missionary. Well she already is...but you know what I mean. Anyway as we have been knocking we have run into lots of people who dont want to talk to us but we have found a good hand full of people who want to learn more. We met this great family last week who invited us back and we have an appointment with them tonight. She is a former Jehovah's Witness and he grew up Catholic but doesnt really believe in religion. The wife doesnt even believe in God any more. However when we met him at the door he talked to us for a while and it was fgetting really good. Then his wife came ot give him dinner. She stepped outside and started talking to us and after a minute she let us in. We started teaching her about the plan of salvation because all of her doubts could be resolved by the plan. She talked a lot but the spirit was really strong. She believes in energy and told us that she felt "really good energy" with us. We told her that was the spirit. I am really excited to teach this family. We also are teaching a less active man and his family...well he is more of a returning member, but their family....namely his wife really warmed up during our lesson and came to church on Sunday! We are really laying a solid foundation here...not because we are great...but because President recieved inspiration that we needed to come here in this moment and the Lord has helped us do the rest. I love being a missionary. I love feeling the spirit so strongly every morning as we study and then being able to use what we study as we talk to people on the street. I only get a couple more weeks with Sister Bennett and I could really use some prayers to know how I can be the very best trainer for her. The mission is so important and I really want her to be able to have the tools to be a good and effective missionary! Thanks. The Lord is just blessing us with tender mercies every day and we have made it a goal (Sister Bennett and I) to write down our favorite thing that happened each day and it hjas really helped me to have even more joy. I invite you to do the same. Tell the nieces and nephews thanks for the little shout outs! Love them! Hope all is well! have a great week! Hermana Tippetts

No comments:

Post a Comment