Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hey Howdy Hey

Holllllaaaaaa....I cant believe its Tuesday again and time to write home. Being the noob I am I lost my little post it note that had all the stuff I wanted to write down for you guys...so Im just going to start by replying to your letter and then see where my brain takes me.
First off THANK YOU for Blake's address, I will write him next P-day. Hopefully he will get it before he gets home. Crazy! I always love to hear how Millie is growing and playing. How is Erika? Is she going to start school this year? Thats insane. I cant believe the girls are going to be in middle school and Branden in High school. Kill me.

Sorry this thought just came to my head so I thought I would tell you it. So this week I endeavered to make my own soup totally from scratch. I didnt have any kind of recipe so I just bought a ton of veggies at the store on monday...blended some tomatoes (which people gave us) and some garlic together...mixed it with water and then added a bunch of veggies.....yaaaa. It wasnt the tastiest....but i ate it for 3 days straight because I made a lot of it. Hahaha...oh man.

Anyway...I laughed out loud when you told me about Brother Fotheringham and the candy bar...seriously brought me back to institute...he would totally say something like that. Did you talk to him at all? I really want to write the institute but I dont really know how...

Wow...Mariah on a road trip...thats weird but it sounds like they were safe and had fun.

Chrissy wrote me an email this week so I will write her back in a moment (hopefully), it was REALLY nice to hear from her.

Did school start this week? It did hear..oh yeah you can google map me but I dont have the address with me right now.

Lets see so this week was crazy. Like a ton of bad things happened...like people just werent there for appointments and we would bring members and erverything...but nothing. But also I was just able to feel the love of God really strongly when we were teaching some people and feel that God really cares about me. Like after one day of just..no one being home for appointments I read an article that I totally needed and a couple days later I got a letter from my companion from the MTC (Hna Spiller) and she shared a scripture with me that was perfect. And I was thinking how cool it is that God knows us so well that he knew that I was going to be put in a situation, and he knows me SO well that he knew exactly how I would feel so he inspired someone else to send me a letter. I love it.

Ok so a little bit about some of our investigators...
Rodrigo- Hes awesome. He always reads and prays and is preparing to be baptized on the 20th of August.

Mario-hes pretty much a member, he even taught our Family Home Evening the other night and ROCKED it. He really has the desire to be baptized but he just has to work a few things out legally to be able to, but we are working on it. Oh and it was so great. Since we live out here in Arvin and Lamont sometimes its really hard to get people to come from the ward to help out but we knew that Mario was going to teach the FHE so we asked the ward council to send someone to support and we had 26 people there!!!! Normally there is like 7 including us. It was so awesome. So many people are supporting Mario now.

Doris- we just met her the other day but w have been able to teach her twice, we found her knocking after we had prayed to find someone who would let us in to teach them.

there are plenty more but these are the people that we are teaching pretty regularly.

Then there is Carlos, Alvaro, and Anastacio who are 3 recent converts that we teach every week and they are all so cool. Especially Anastacio, he has just taken the gospel and run with it. Hes like 25 so its fun to talk to him and teach him because hes making the same goals that we have. He's also trying to learn english and so we are going to start an English class.

Lets see...I think thats good. I had funny stuff written down but I cant remember them right now.

I sweat a lot.....haha. Ill send a picture next week haha.


HAVE A GREAT WEEK AND TELL EVERYONE I LOVE THEM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment