Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So this next transfer I'll be in ....drum roll please

ARVIN LAMONT AND TEHACHAPI (bakersfield..same area). I'm super pumped. I really didnt think we would change but its good to finally know for sure. My companion Hna Randall is staying here with me as well. YAY! I am so not ready to leave here. Actually my prediction is that i will atleast be here until December (wishful thinking?).

First off! Mom and Mariah thank you so much for the pictures. My companion can testify that I have looked at them almost every night. I love them. Hahaha then for my spanish study I looked through them and tried to describe what was going on in the picture in spanish just in case I decide to share them with some of the people we teach. I now know the word for "keg" in spanish..hahaha. The kitchen looks wonderful and SO different! I love it. Good color choice. I also like that you moved the hutch, the dining area looks much bigger. Oh and randomly I saw the white board on the floor and it says "kayla was here" hahaha what the...Not going to lie though, the pictures kinda freaked me out. How does everyone look so old and different?? Especially Mariah, she looks like a little adult, I hope you are keeping her locked up in the house. Millie also looks so grown up...and eryka...branden...kendall...and ryanne. AH! I LOVED the pictures though.

So this week....

Well the most important news...I BOUGHT A MUMU. Yeah. I am converted. They are so comfy. Mine totally has this rockin grandma print and pockets. LOVE IT.

So I told you last week that we were going to do an exchange, so last thursday I went to bakersfield south (so like in the city of Bakersfield), and was with Hna. Hulme. It was so fun and me and her are a lot alike. However she only has like 6 weeks in the mission so it was so weird being the one that pretty much had to lead everything and talk, but I think it was good for her because I told her that we are going to take turns talking and teaching and she really stepped up to the challenge. A fun thing about the switch was that both sides of the switch saw huge success. We found 5 new investigators and taught 8 lessons in S. Bakes and they did just about the same in our area. AWESOME.

We saw a lot of miracles this week and we were able to teach in total 30 lessons this week. YAY! We also now have 3 people with a baptismal date and if all goes well with Mario in the next few days he will be baptized on Sept. 10th!!!! Just around the corner but he has been ready for so long, he just now got rid of his probation! YAY! Im so happy for him, he is pretty much a member already, but Im just excited for him to be able to have the companionship of the Holy Ghost and a remission of his sins!

So I told you guys how people just like to give us fruit randomly..well the other day some one gave us a HUGE bag of chiles. Which we are totally good with because...well....we are Mexicans too. So the other day i made some rice, beans, corn, salsa, ext. then I threw the chiles on top (just one)...i started eating the rice (not even the chile) and my mouth was on FIRE. Seriously on fire. I started like crying and sweating as I was eating it and my companion was like come on they arent that hot. So I was like "probelo entonces!" (try it then)...so she ate a little part and was like, "where is the milk??" Hahaha. Needless to say I dont know what kind of chile's these are but they are HOT. But...I was eating them again the other night and after dinner I went to take out my contacts...and well....I had forgotten to wash my hands...ya...my eyeball was pretty much on fire. Oh chiles....

We are going to play soccer next Monday! Im so excited. We are doing it for family home evening and everyone is going to bring a friend, our investigators are going to be there, and after we are going to teach a mass BOM lesson or the Restoration. Im really excited to find new investigators this way (and to play soccer of course). However...they all think I'm really good, but I'm pretty sure I'm really rusty.

Our investigators are wonderful..

Antonia was able to come to church on Sunday and I think she had a really good time, she just seemed so calm and content. We have an appointment with her tonight. Oh and get this...after she was taught the Joseph Smith story she said this/...."This is what I have been looking for, Ive gone to so many different churches and read the bible a bit and this just makes sense". Hello ensign story. Shes amazing.

Rodrigo has been studying the scriptures for an hour every day, he gets up early before work and reads. Also he changed jobs and he was going to have to come to church late on sunday but he kept praying that he could go to all of church and he called us saturday night and told us that they had kept him late that day so he didnt have to work on Sunday! He was telling us how he knew it was a blessing from God and that he needs to be in church. Yay yay yay. Hes totally ready for his baptism. It takes him a little longer to understand but he really has the faith and the desire to do what God wants him to do.

I already told you about Mario...hes awesome.

We went to visit Luis Angel and he had read up to chapter 9 in the Book of Mormon! Wow...he did have a little problem with the whole "Nephi killing laban thing"...details...details. But we invited him to pray about it and to continue praying about the Book of Mormon.

We havent been able to get ahold of Fidel and Estela (that random people that came to church), but I am NOT letting them fall through the cracks.

there is more but I am out of time pretty much, so I LOVE YOU ALL.

Thanks Dave and Chrissy for the emails I will write you back next week ( Im really happy about Jaden PS)
Also tell Eryka, Ryanne, and Branden thanks for the letters!

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!

No comments:

Post a Comment