Monday, March 12, 2012

and it just keep moving...

Buenas! So today starts the last week of my companion's mission. I think I have been freaking out/stressing out about it more than she has. Maybe thats good, helps her keep her mind off it. Haha. I hate having my companions go home because it makes going home a reality and it makes me want to jump off a bridge. This is just too good. ANYWAY....

So good to hear about your date night to the temple. I love the temple. Soak it up for me please. (Random thought, you never told me who Katie Johnston is getting married to). Jaden just sounds like such a cutie pants. Does Mariah want to go to school soon or keep working for a while? Me and Sister Dalton decided that Mariah and her little sister would get along great and I think I already told you that you(mom) and her mom would get along. So we decided that we are just going to have a big Dalton/Tippetts party. Woo hoo.
It sounds like the missionaries in the ward are "doing work". That is so great! Tell the ward I love them. I will write soon when I get a chance to sit down.

So this week has been pretty great (as all of them are). Last Monday we went hiking and it was SO fun. It was our whole district, the assistants, and Elder Curtis (one of the senior couples). Unfortunatley my companion has been suffering from bug bites from the trip. I guess she has sweeter blood than me. Mike is a husband of a member and he is going nice and slow. He did not trust the elders at all but is trusting us. He has started praying and simply asking God if he is there. He prayed before their garage sale and they made more money than they have in a garage sale! YAY!

Bruce..he does remind me of grandpa a bit. Funny guy. This week he gave us his speech and instead of giving us a speech on chapter 8 of 1 Nefi he gave us a speech of how he would approach people at the door about the Book of Mormon. He had done all this research about the plates of Nefi...ext. it was so cool. I just felt the spirit and felt so proud of him!!!

Raquel and Raymundo- we are finally getting back into the groove of teaching them after their move. This week we were able to teach them twice. Once about the Holy Ghost and how it will help them after they are baptized. It was such a solid spiritual lesson. I can't wait for them to be baptized and go to the temple.

We had exchanges with the Ventura sisters this week. It was my favorite exchange the sister I went with is so solid and we had lots of miracles that day. We were able to drop by and see Chris and teach her about the Restoration and use the skills that we had just learned in district meeting (we talked about how we can not take peoples bait and just keep teaching them..obviously directed by the spirit). The spirit was so strong and she is such a seeker. She has been seeking for the truth and I know Heavenly Father sent her to us.

We also picked up another husband of a member and he is so solid. He studies the Book of Mormon a lot and when we asked him to be baptized he said "I know its necesary because of that chapter in the Book of Mormon where the people get baptized by Alma...like the waters of Mormon"...super great. HOWEVER...his wife is super scared to push him at all. AH. Its ok.


OH and one of the BEST parts of this week was........ELDER L. TOM PERRY came this saturday and we got together as a whole mission to be instructed by an apostle of the Lord!!!!!! It was so amazing. With him was a member of the 70 and his talk was so amazing. As I was preparing for their visit these last couple of weeks I was able to write down questions I had about how I can be a better missionary. How we can help people prepare for baptism. ext. All of my questions were answered in that talk. Question after question. It was so amazing. Sister Dalton and I are just so excited to put these things into practice this week to just weed out the unelect and not waste our time on them. Then Elder Perry's talk was just so powerful. It was on the priesthood and I had been thinking about the priesthood a ton this week and I was just so overwhelmed with the spirit. The church is true and it is lead and guided by our Savior Jesus Christ through priesthood authority. That is what makes us different. I am so grateful that I have the chance to help people gain a testimony that there was a need for a Restoration of the priesthood. He spoke with such power and authority that can only come through the Holy Ghost. It was so great and I am so looking forward to general conference. I hope you all are preparing for it too!! They also talked about members being the real finders. Which was great because I had been reading Elder Perry's conference talks this week and there was one that talked about that. I think it was in 2009. You should read it. Also there was another quote.."the Missionaries are to be the full time teachers, the members are the full time finders". I challenge you all to pray to know of someone and then have the confidence to give a referral to the missionaries.

Last night I gulfed down like 5 enchiladas. Spanish people feed us way too much. Never doing that again. Haha.

Also we are creepers. Last night we tracked down Steve so that he could meet some of the members from the ward. It was great.


Being a missionary is so super great!!! I love it! I love you all and hope you have a great St. Patricks day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment