Monday, March 19, 2012

NO QUIERO MATAR!!!!

Well I think I failed to mention last week that today is transfer day. Oh man it feels like I blinked and now we are in a new transfer. NOT COOL. My companion Sister Dalton is going home. BUT I am staying here in Ventura and I will be getting Sister Vasquez as a companion. She is a transfer older than me, she is from Hondoras and is just super great. Im really excited. Today is going to be crazy getting Sister Dalton all ready to go. Luckily we havent had exchanges this week so that has made the week a lot less stressfu BUT YAY NATIVE COMPANION!!!! SHE IS GOING TO HELP ME WITH MY SPANISHl.

Sooo..I did get your letter and the card by the way. Have you gotten an email from BYU-I yet so I can know what track I will be going to. Thanks. I was really shocked and sad to hear about the news in the ward. I have had them in my prayers and will send a letter to the ward soon but I will have to wait until next week because today will be crazy.

This week has been so great! We were able to set 5 new people with baptismal dates!!! It is a direct blessing of applying all that we have learned in the last weeks to the work. We are just feeling so blessed for all the constant training and instruction we recieve.

One of my favorites was Andres. So Andres is a husband of a woman who is returning to activity. He has been coming to church for a while but the missionaries have never really been able to catch them at home, so we really didnt know what was going on with them. FINALLY last week we were able to set up an appointment, they we were running late and so were we so it was a short lesson. But it was evident that the wife did NOT want us to push him AT ALL. So we were a little nervous. I have just run into this so much lately...instead of it being "they are kept from the truth because they know not where to find it'..."they are kept from the truth because their families are too scared to invite them"...BUTTTTT...thats ok. I understand. So we come in to teach the whole restoration but we were feeling confident. He has been reading the Book of Mormon for a while and coming to church and those who do that will have their heart softened. So we were asking him to set a baptismal date for the May and his wife was very literally shaking her head at me...like dont you dare and I did it anyway because I felt the spirit...so she jumps in and is like no...he doesnt like to feel pressure or be pushed....im so happy that he is reading and coming to church on his own...so I looked at him and asked him if he felt pressured or pushed and he said no...so we were able to talk to him about making that goal to be baptized and it was SO GREAT! I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost in my life!! (this is a spanish investigator btw)

Then STEVE. He is so great. So he has had a billion and a half baptismal dates (like 2) and so many witnesses that these things are true but for some reason is dragging his feet. His girlfriend was suppose to move and he wanted her to to make sure he was doing this for himself and not for her. SO then out of no where her job in Salt Lake got terminated and she is staying here in Ventura. Crazy. SO then we really just recieved revelation that we needed to drop him. So we found this perfect article to read with him called "Start moving" from the July 2011 ensign and we were going to drop him. We get there and we tell him we are going to read this first before anything else happened. We read it and told him we felt like we have gotten to this point where we have to convince him and that is NOT RIGHT. So we needed to give him some time, and he pulls out his calendar and he was like "april 14th" looks good to get baptized. He said that he had resolved a lot of his concerns and was ready to take the first step. What the??? So we told him we still need to give him a few weeks off to really think and pray about this. Sooo it was intense

The rest were really awesome too but I dont really have time to go into most of them! Sorry :). I had pictures to upload too but I forgot to bring in my camera so I will attach them next week.

I have such a huge testimony of the restoration of the gospel. For many different reasons but this week has really affirmed it for me. In EVERY lessons (except Andres). Something has happened as we were reciting the first vision.
Mike and Mindy- He started taking pictures of something the dog was doing
Patricia and Kristi- Patricia blew her nose
Phil-pretty much just cut her off (regardless he had heard it before)
Robert and Craig- ROBERT FELL ASLEEP!!!!!!

I swear it is the advesarys last little low blow.

Anyway I love love love you all so much and am so glad to hear every one is doing well!!! KISS AND HUG EVERYONE FOR ME!!!!!!


LOVE HERMANA TIPPETTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment