Monday, May 28, 2012

FAMILY

April 30, 2012 Well hello...Transfer pday, always full of surprises. Not really for me or for Sister Vasquez we will be staying here in Ventura together! Yay! Which is so great because we havent been together for a whole week. Its been crazy. I will tell you about it. Monday...normal day... Tuesday...we started out the day together (me and sister Vasquez) and then I had called the dentist beacause my wisdom teeth were killing me and I had an appointment at 2 oclock. We went and the cut off a lot of my excess gum haha. So we left and my tongue and mouth was SUPER numb and we met up with Sister Baker and Sister Sanchez (serving in Bakersfield) in front of our next appointment and we switched. Sister Sanchez came with me and we went to teach Bruce and of course I couldnt talk very well. It was hilarious. So then the rest of the day I was with Sister Sanchez. We had a great lesson with the Fa family. I really want them to hang out with dave and lisa, jed and chrissy. It would be magical Then at 9 oclock at night Sister Lillywhite came and joined us. See...Sister Sanchez is a temple square missionary that was here for a few transfers but was going back. Wednesday...started at 3 am is when the day started. Sister Lillywhite and I drove Sister Sanchez up to the Santa Barbara airport and we got back just in time to start working out and study. Craaaazy. We were so tired but had sooo many appointments so we just kept trucking haha. It was seriously insane. Loved it though. Heavenly Father blessed us sooo much. Thursday-Friday- was a blur of still tiredness and awesomeness. Poor sister Lillywhite...we taught SO much spanish and she is a english missionary. She was so great though. Sister Baker and Sister Vasquez drove back friday night, so we all slept at our apartment. SATURDAY....SUCH A GLORIOUS GLORIOUS DAY! We all woke up and were at the church building by 9 am and headed up past ojai to a canyon for Steve's baptism. It was so amazing. Started off kind of rocky because some of the very key people got REALLY lost but eventually they all made it back. Steve came down all dressed in white (as you can see from the picture). We got a quick picture with him and they headed into the water. The spirit was so strong and Steve's face was glowing when he came up out of the water. The rest of the baptism was so great. He was so ready and excited to make this commitment with his Father in Heaven. It was such a great baptism. Words cannot describe it but I will hold it in my heart for the rest of my life. Sunday..Steve recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost! Yay...so great. Lots and lots and lots of stuff happened but we have to be at President's house tonight at 4 so we can have dinner with the new missionaries and then take the brand new sisters out to declare! So exciting. But Sister Lillywhite is leaving so I have to take her to her apartment so she can pack up before then! Love you lots. The mission is the best thing in the whole world!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment