Monday, May 28, 2012

I CANNOT believe its Tuesday...

Wow, the last few days have been so great and so crazy. First let me explain why I am writting on Tuesday. We had zone conference this week and we had ours on Monday so we had to have pday on tuesday. No stress. So we had sisters conference last week and it went great. As we were driving away me and Sister Vasquez looked at eachother and said "is it already over? I can't believe that it already happened". They day went by TOO quickly. We had beautiful musical numbers by the sisters, classes taught by some of the sisters and I learned so much!!!, Sister Vasquez and I taught about finding and talking to everyone, President Castro talked about our theme "thou art an elect lady whom I have called"...it was amazing and totally what all the sisters needed to hear. We had workshops on learning how to meditate and how to be more organized and take care of ourselves. We had a yummy yummy lunch and ended the day with some beauty tips by one of the sisters. It really was a great day. It was so spiritually uplifting and so impowering to see all these beautiful sisters who have desires to serve the Lord. THEN.... The very next day we headed up to Bakersfield in the evening. It was a really fun ride and we arrived in east bakersfield. As we were getting close to Arvin you could smell the lovely stink that is the Arvin signature and I rolled down my window and took in a good wiff. That smell will always be pleasing to me. hahaha. We were in Bakersfield until Sunday morning when we drove back. Bakersfield was HOT but I LOVED IT. I was a little worried that I would die when I finally got back to Vegas but I think I will be able to handle it ok. So many great things happened in Bakersfield. We crashed an apartment bbq and they fed us and we taught them the gospel, we set like 6 people with baptismal dates, we met so many people who were prepared for the gospel, and at the end of the night I always got to end up with my companion. YAY! I left my books in south bakersfield and didnt realize it until we were in Taft, so we were planning on staying the night in Taft again before we drove to Bakersfield but we decided that it was important that I had my books so we drove back to South Bakersfield. As we were about 10 minutes outside of Taft we realized that sister Vasquez forgot the phone in Taft so we turned around to go get. Needless to say it was a late night. But as we were driving in the middle of no where Bakersfield I rolled the window down and was just taking it all in and (I admit it was a little smelly), and I said "I will never forget this moment", Sister Vasquez found that so funny and has become one of her newest catch phrases. While we were gone our area was just great. Andres talked to the bishop about his baptism and all is settled for him to get baptized excet for his interview that he will have with a missionary tonight. He will be baptized this Saturday and I am so excited. In Preach My Gospel under the section of "helping people prepare for baptism and confirmation" I was reading how our commitments that we extend are what will help them prepare to make covenants with God like baptism and every single thing we have invited Andres to do, he has done. I know that he is so ready to make covenants with God! Yay! Two funny stories: So one day we had a lesson with one our less actives Julie and as we were driving to her house, about to turn into her neighborhood we saw her parked at the stop light going to the other direction. As we were turning I rolled down the window and was like, "Julie, turn,,,turn Julie"...hahaha she did and sister Vasquez was like "she obeyed you". It was funny. Julie is so funny and we have been trying to help her so much. I really hope she can feel the love the savior has for sure. Other funny story...so for zone conference we have car checks and part of that car check is that we have enough air in our tires. Well I wont lie (sorry dad), I really have no idea how to use those tire pressure measurer thingys...but I was willing to try. So about an hour before we have to go to the meeting we texted our zone leaders saying something like "hey if you havent filled up your tires yet there is a great gas station by the church and if you happen to see two confused sisters there you could help them out". The thing is we feel like we are always asking for help so we were trying to be a little more discreat about it....well needless to say they never showed up and I thought I did it right...added air...checked it...got a different reading every time but figured it was ok. Well...it wasnt...we were like 5 pounds low. hahaha...we blamed our zone leaders and afterwards we brought up the text...and they were like "oh........". Life lesson learned...if you want men to do something, ask them directly. They were nice though and came outside and taught us how to use the tire pressure gauge. So yeah. Life is just great. We are teaching some great people but as well e really need to find more so I am excited for the next couple weeks to work so hard and gain the trust of the Lord that he will place more elect investigators in our path! I have been learning so much and it is so crazy that here at the last part of my mission (kill me) I am still learning so much and still have a lot to learn. As for you question Mom about disneyland...I really dont care when we go. Whatever will be best for everyone else. Love you all lots! May 22,2012

No comments:

Post a Comment