Monday, May 28, 2012

Well hello again...

Well Im glad after calls we still get the chance to email because just like you said mom you get kind of lost for words. I had no idea what to say to anyone haha. Sorry, but it was fun to hear from everyone. It was so fun to hear how the kids are growing, especially Brandon I cant believe he sounds like a little man...and SHAVES. That is so weird. For sure tell Jamie and Jeff I missed them there too. But I will be able to see them and talk to them and not have to have a awkward phone call. Haha I am so awkward. I do like the idea of the new plans. I hope you can get your money back and everyone. Sorry it has been such a hassel. So this week was pretty good. We had some great miracles bringing members out with us. We really noticed it was something that we needed to improve on this week and we were able to hit the standard of excellence. Yay. I read a really good scripture this week in the Bible, it will be familiar to all of you but it really hit home with me. I was studying to know how people will recognize us as servants of the Lord when I came across it. John 13:34-35 " a new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35. by this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another". I have sang that primary song a billion times but it just really made me think about and reevalute how much others can feel my love or the love the Savior has when we are with them. In my Book of Mormon reading I really found an answer to my prayers and it just reaffirmed my testimony that when we read the scriptures and apply them to our lifes we will be guided. We have some investigators who have been learning for a while but in their situation right now they are lacking the desire to make preparing for baptism a number one priority, we have been recently counseled that we need to spend our time with those who are elect and who are easy to teach. We love this family but we feel like they need some time to reflect and ponder how the gospel of Jesus Christ fits into their lives. BUT we were getting some flack from people saying that we should just go over and maintain and "friendship" with them. That we didnt have to teach them things. That really bothered me but I wasnt sure what to think. So as I was reading in the scriptures I came across this verse. 2 nephi 9:48 "Behold if ye were hoy I would speak unto you of holiness but as ye are not holy, and ye look upon me as a teacher it must needs be expedient that I teach you the consequences of sin." We are teachers and we are here to help people understand what God expects for them and what he has in store for them, so that scripture really instructed me. LOVE THE SCRIPTURES!!!! So this week we have Sister's conference. All the sisters in the mission will be coming for a training from 10-5. It is going to be so great! I have to conduct the morning session and I am so nervous. I dont know how to conduct very well so after emails the zone leaders are going to practice with me. Hahaha. I feel so dumb but thats ok. Sister Vasquez and I will also be giving a training about finding people and we will be focusing on talking to everyone and also teaching as soon as we find people! We are super excited about it. It will be a great day. I love Hermana Vasquez (my companion) she really is just such a great person to be around. She will also be going to BYU-I so maybe next semester or something I can live with her. There are 3 other spanish sisters who will be going there and I think it would be so cool if eventually all 4 of us lived together. It would be so easy too since most of us have lived with eachother already. But yeah I think just talking to Vanessa would be great to figure out the whole housing situation. We got to do service this saturday washing cars for a school fundraiser (it was for President Castro's daughters school) It was really fun and we were even able to find a less active woman through it who has only been a member of the church for a couple of years. It was such a blessing. We even took advantage of it and washed our own car! Woo hoo. Less time on Pday that we have to spend cleaning. It was sooo cute too because the little kids who were cleaning were being really agressive with our car and the mission president's daughter was like "hey dont do that, that is the sisters car" Anyway I really love being a missionary. Right after our phone call we went to an appointmen with a lady we met the other day, it was one of those "sure I guess you can come back" and when we got there it looked like they were all running in trying to hide from us BUT we came up anyway and she let us teach her. As we were teaching her she had the question of "what is the true church, Ive always wanted to know so that I could fall God". She loved the restoration and without hesitation she said she would prepare to be baptized! yay! The EVANGELISTA FAMILY IS SO GREAT!!!! I love them. Hermano Evangelista (the one we are teaching), he knows the church is true and is preparing for his baptism and he even called his mom and family in Mexico and told them to find the missionaries and invite them to come over because he knows its true and he wants his family to know. How cool is that? It really goes to show you that when we are repenting and when we are trying to live the gospel as he is striving to do our desire to share the gospel grows. Well I love you all and hope you have a great week. Thanks for being such a great family! LOVE YOU!!!! Hermana Tippetts

No comments:

Post a Comment