Wednesday, January 19, 2011

EN EL MUNDO

HOLA FAMILY!!! Happy Tuesday! I love getting Dear Elders from y'all all week. Its so nice. I know it must be weird to keep writing without reply but I love it. So a we haven't got mail saturday night or yesterday because it was Martin Luther King day so I haven't gotten the package yet, so, thank you in advance, you guys really shouldn't have to send me anything but I really appreciate it. You guys are the best family ever.
I'm trying to remember everything you wrote in my letters so I can respond but I can't remember right now. Dad I'm glad you get to drive my car...sorry I didn't clean it out all the way..or at all. Ha ha. Mom,with your lessons, honestly I'm sure you prepare a great lesson, just let the girls see how much you love and care about them and they will listen to whatever you say.

So I don't really remember what I wrote last week, but apparently it wasn't super chipper because Lisa felt sad for me, aunt Mary sent me cookies (which were delicious but didn't top her own cookies), and my friend Amanda Pinto wrote me and said it freaked her out (she gets here Wednesday...TOMORROW!!! yay!). So ha ha sorry about that.
So let me tell you about my life here a little bit. In my district we have 5 companionships. 2 that are sisters and 3 that are Elders. They are all so awesome. Us "Hermanas" seriously get along. Hermana Spiller (You gotta Tip it before you Spill it) is from Texas and is my companion, Hermana Maxwell is from SLC and her mom is in Motab so we see her every Sunday morning in music and the spoken word. Hermana Olsen is from Manti and is seriously the sweetest thing alive. We all have so many inside jokes, its so much fun. I would tell you some of them but we decided nothing we think is funny here is funny in the outside world, so I will spare you. haha.

So I decided that the MTC is a little like Disneyland. 1. because its happy here almost all the time 2. there are ridiculous lines for dinner and other things 3. there are hand sanitizers there EVERY WHERE!!! I mean every where. I guess they want us to stay healthy 4. Also they like page missionaries over the intercom and one of the people that does it totally sounds like the voice that tells you not to bring the bar down on the Haunted Mansion ride. I really like Disneyland....so I guess I really like the MTC too! haha.

Spanish is getting much better. No I'm not very good at it..probably the worst in my district, but its coming and it will come. I promise I'm working hard at it. One thing that has not gotten better...maybe worse is the food. For real....there was this talapia (which obviously I didn't eat), that was like coated in fruity pebbles and Im pretty sure it ended up in the soup the next day. They are so...frugal. Hahaha. But its not that bed...we eat it. Ha.

So my district/zone is awesome. I feel like I have known them my whole life. I have some good pictures but I don't think I can email them, or at least we haven't figured out how yet. So i will just have to print out some pics and send them to you.

SO guess who was our Tuesday night devotional speaker last Tuesday?? ELDER HOLLAND. No big deal. It was so amazing. The talk was great but I wont tell ya what he talked about...what I will tell you about is that before he talked i prayed to know that he was a true of apostle of Jesus Christ. The Spirit was so strong the whole meeting but after the closing hymn he got up to leave and we all got to stand, during that time the Spirit truly testified to me that he is an Apostle of Jesus Christ. Man, I really want to go to general conference when I get back, I cant imagine how amazing it would be to be in the same room as all of the Apostles and Prophet.

Really random note but can you find out if Vanessa got my letter? she sent me a dear elder and I wrote her back last Tuesday but her address was lacking an apartment number so I don't know if it got to her. Let me know.

Its so crazy, I only get a little bit a day to read my scriptures and it kills me, I wish I could sit and read them all day. I get so much strength by reading them. I just flipped to a page in my notebook and and am going to share a random scripture that I liked this week. 1Nephi 6:4-6 This is pretty much our purpose as missionaries. To bring others unto Christ and really should be our purpose as members of the church. We should desire to talk to all we know about Jesus Christ because of the help and comfort we have received in our own life. I cant wait to get out to California and just love those people and bring them the Gospel. Also 1Nephi 7:5 because what Nephi was asking Ishmael to do was kind crazy and the only way he would have done it was if the Lord softened his heart...right? Well its the same thing with people we teach.

Oh another cool thing that happened this week was we had a teacher who pretended to be an investigator and we kinda "tag teamed" him. A companionship started off and had five minutes then the next set jumped in and continued from there. We went first and got some stuff out of him. Then by the 3rd set I had something truly amazing happen to me. I was listening to this fictional character having true love and charity for them, and the spirit whispered to me exactly what they needed, or rather what their problem was. IT WAS SO COOL. THE CHURCH IS TRUE.

I love it here, it still is really hard sometimes and really challenging but that's the way its suppose to be. We get to go to the temple today and we are fasting as a district. We are fasting to know the swords we need to bury (such as the Anti-Nephi-Lehis) so that we can become better missionaries, so today is going to be a good day.

I do see Landon farely often but never really get a chance to talk. We'll get a picture together though and send it to you guys.

My district is hilarious, my roommates are even more hilarious. I love those girls so much. I cant wait to hang out with all of them outside the mission. OH there is an elder in my district that is from Vegas, cool huh? He went to Palo but I didn't know him but we have mutual friends.

OK I have four minutes left so I'm going to go just in case I need to write you later.

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH, keep writing me!

No comments:

Post a Comment