Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I wish Elder Smith would obey quiet time...

Ok family here is the dealio. Last week I totally outlined my letter on a piece of paper so it was nice and organized. This week however I have been SOOO busy that I haven't been able to. So please...haha bare with me.

So pretty much there isn't anything new to report. The MTC is the MTC haha. Um oh, so i started getting these big splotchy patches on my hands that itched way bad. So I was worried. Well the other Hermanas said they thought it was just dry skin so I started putting lotion on it all the time. Nothing got better, so we decided to go to the doctor (on the MTC campus), well the nurse said I would for sure have to see the doctor so I did. Ha the doctor ended up just telling me it WAS dry skin from the really hard water and the cold/dryness. So he wanted me to put some kind of steroid cream on my hands...no thanks. So he just ordered me some strong lotion stuff. Super greasy and I am feeling better. I'm glad I got that taken care of, I was afraid I was going to get all chappy like the people in True Grit. Nast.
Sister Amanda Pinto got here last week and we have all the same meal times. It is so fun to see her and give her a huge hug. She is such a good example. Speaking of meal times, the food is still no bueno. Ha, but our Elders (the ones in our zone) have been taking our tray every day. Its way nice. Most of them are leaving tomorrow so we will have to train new Elders to do this. Haha. Speaking of taking the tray, for a while it was a little joke and so my companion decided to learn to say "take my tray" in spanish. Well we finished our meal and she said loudly "Tocame" haha....alll the elder's faces got way red way fast. She pretty much said "touch me". It was hilarious. I was probably laughing for at least 2 minutes straight. Really. It was great.

Lets see...I don't have my study journal handy so i cant tell you all the cool thoughts I have had. I'm glad you guys are reading the Book of Mormon again, I love reading it and I can never find enough time in the day to read it. I also love Jesus the Christ. I really want to finish it before I leave but it is sooo long. So good, a must read.

So about Elder Smith. He pretty much keeps me awake at night, he eats us out of house and home, and is just really annoying. Hes about 3 inches long..and has a long tail...ha. Its a mouse. We have a mouse in our room. Sick right? we have never seen it but it keeps us awake at night. We call him Elder Smith because of the awkward looks we get when we talk about him. haha. I hate mice so much...

I love my teachers they are so great. I really have gained a testimony that they are our teachers for a reason (and yes one of my teachers is friends with Lauren Noorda, small world right?). Ive also come to know that my district is my district for a reason. I love them all like brothers and sisters. So I guess I will tell you a little about all of them since I don't have anything exciting tell about. Well you know about my companion, Hermana Spiller, shes funny and enjoys to eat everything on her plate...together (that's not a fat joke she has a great work out attitude)...she will put chicken, melon, pie, whatever on the same fork. Ha she also mixed Coke and Milk together and LIKED it. Vomito...yes that's barf in spanish. Ha. Shes great. Then there is Hermana Olsen she is from Manti and has the most sunny disposition. She is always smiling and is always nice to everyone. She has such a sincere love for the gospel and her attitude is contagious. Hna. Maxwell is from Salt Lake and yes her grandpa is Neal A. Maxwell. Ain't no thang. She is seriously so cool and we are like twins sorta. She gets all my harry potter and lord of the rings jokes but also understands the need to break it down. She is way good at spanish because she is already fluent in French. Cool right? Then there is Elder Almquist from St. George. He is your typical st.george boy. Way into tennis and knows the scriptures very well. Most of the quotes in our quote book are from him. He says the most random things. Elder Manu...From vegas REPRESENT! Ha...hes chill and way good with words. He says things like "The plan of salvation is a pretty cool thing right?" or "Elder we must be swift as a coursing river". Then there is Elder Moser, hes from California and he gets bloody noses a lot. poor kid. had hes really good at spanish as well and pretty funny. Elder Dickinson is from Idaho and has one of the most powerful testimonies I have ever heard. He is really shy and nice. Elder Adams is from Kaysville utah and use to break dance. He is such a "kid" always smiling and laughing and kind. Elder Garland is....so interesting. he always says things that make me laugh like "The deaf community drives me crazy, they ostracize themselves and then when one of them gets a coclear implant they shun them"...seriously the strongest and most random opinions. He is such a hard workers as well.

Ok well that's my district. They are awesome. This time is going way to fast.

Thank you so much for the packages, Dad your sticky notes made me laugh and i love my glasses. Even the big ones haha. Thanks for the hershey "kisses"...i wont lie i gave most of them to the Elders though. The mangos are also delicious thank you. Tell Dave and Lisa thanks so much for the stuff in the package. i love that they think about me. Also tell them I LOVED my letters this week from them and I will write them back next PDAy this day has really gotten away from me. So much to do. Mom thanks for getting all that stuff for me I really appreciate it, you guys take such good care of me.

I am also very excited for that skirt I wont lie.

OH and tell mariah I was so happy to get her letter and the nieces and nephews, I'm going to write them all back too....hopefully today but we'll see if I have time.

hahaha my companion just read what i wrote about her and she was like SAY WHAT? you calling me fat? hahaha I love her.

Oh man, I don't know what else to tell you guys. Do you have questions? Um.
Ok well I know Jesus Christ is our Savior. I love the relationship I am building with him through personal study and prayer. Its so tender and Its something I hope I can always have. Its essential. I cant wait to share the gospel with others and I really hope Ill be able to to do it in spanish. Its so frustrating sometimes because I want to express everything I feel but I'm so limited with spanish right now, but I know it will come. We have taught a couple of lessons solomente in espanol. Super Bien! Its awesome. I love spanish and I cant wait to be fluent in it one day.

I love you guys so much, all of you, I'm so grateful to have you as my family (and friends). I cant wait to see you in 18 months but its going to be the best 18 months of my life (thus far). This gospel is so true, don't be afraid to share it with all your friends! The Holy Ghost will back you up when you testify!
Hug Grandpa for me and tell him I love him.

Alright my time is almost out sorry this is so short and not full of a lot of info or "got get'ums", just know I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment