Monday, April 25, 2011

"es mi iglesia" - Carlos





Hey Family
So i got the package on saturday! Thank you so much!!!! It was funny because I got the card first and it was like "the reciepts are with the dresses" and I was like....uhhhh?? Is this some kind of secret code? Haha it was funny. Then I knew the package must be coming so when we got home saturday night we were walking to the mail box and I kinda caught a glimpse of our front door and I thought I saw a package there but I like closed my eyes so I could be surprised. Haha it was like Christmas! But thank you! You do too much for me! Oh and I will probably be sending the grey dress home with the reciept because it is too short and I looked in the phone book and I don't think they have a Macys any where close so I cant return it. Sorry!! I LOVE the tan dress though, its super comfy!!! Thank you!!! Also..hahaha it was funny because me and Hna Frost made work out goals...For her its called Hna. Frost's hod bod lifestyle change (because shes going home in 5 weeks) and for me its called Hna Tippetts's missionary bod (that will always be super covered) lifestyle change. Anyway...so we got the package and it had all this holiday sweet goodness. Haha we were like "wellllll our goals don't start until Monday"....(dont procrastinate the day of your repentence.. I know I know). But again, thank you so much.

Thats funny that Hna. Frost wrote you..that stinker, I had no idea. I guess I'll write her family now. haha. Oh and also could you maybe find out some how what Elder Matthew Ward's address is...maybe ask Lori or something because he emailed me and I sooo want to write back, but I can't..so that would be great! Or maybe forward this to his email matthew.ward@myldsmail.net

Anyway so how was your easter?? Your lesson sounded super awesome mom! I am sure all the Mia maids LOVED it! It sounds like you have had a super fun family week, going to Dave and Lisas and going to Aunt Marys, I hope you hugged everyone for me!!!

The missionary work here is so awesome, we have just been meeting new people, after new people, after new people, THAT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THE GOSPEL! Its awesome.

Oh and with the pictures..ok so the corn one (if you put it on the blog you have to put the caption "get that corn outta my face") its just funny, then there is the one of Carlos's baptism that we had this week! What a sweet way to start Easter, with someone taking the steps to use the atonement!! Then there is the random one in the car making a weird face...idk I just figured you missed my weird faces hahaha. Oh and the last one is just me with a family in our barrio (ward). They are super awesome!

Lets see what else is new...oh ok..so in my studies I was kinda studying about virtue and the topical guide led me to Proverbs ch.31 10-the end. We always hear that a virtuous woman is worth more than rubies..but I really like the following paragraphs for a couple reason. One, it tells us how we can be that way, we can't be idle, we have to be willing to work, we have to be an example of strength and honor, and clothe ourselves in purple (royalty...remember our covenants and keep them). Then...I read about the woman who touched the clothes of Jesus and was healed (Mark 5) and the scripture says something about how virtue left him and thats how he knew someone had touched Him...so if you look at the footnotes it says strength and power. So we can assume that when we have virtue(<
I dont know if any of that makes sense to any of you but it all made sense in my head when I read it...haha.

Ok well I dont have much time left, I love you all so much and hope you have a fabulous week!

Hermana Kayla Tippetts

No comments:

Post a Comment