Monday, April 4, 2011

You arent a missionary until you get spit on!

Familia! What a week! I love being a missionary...its amazing.
Let me just tell you this story first. So..as missionaries we cant teach people of the opposite sex in there home if there isnt a member of the same sex in the home. So one of the people we are teaching and had an appointment with this week was home alone..which was fine, we would just teach on the doorstep. So we are sitting there in chairs and we are teaching about the law of chastity. Which is obviously my favorite lesson to teach...especially in spanish. Its just awesome. SO we are teaching and all of a sudden I feel something on my back...splat. I look back and there is definitley a HUGE spit globber on my shirt. Some kids from the apartments above thought it was a really nice thing to do. So nice of them. Hahahaha.. I was like for real? this really happened? haha yes. My companion just kind whipped it off with a paper towel and we continued. So if you didnt get spit on on your mission I would rethink how successful your mission was....
Conference was so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also loved when they talked about the importance of the temples! I love the temple..and guess what?? Today my pday is only for 3 hours because...I GET TO GO TO THE TEMPLE OF THURSDAY!!! We are going to the LA temple! I am so beyond excited. I love the temple and have missed being able to go every week in the MTC!
I love Spanish and the Spanish people. They are so loving and kind and want to do all they can to make it back to God. Im in the middle of the Missionary library and they are so awesome! I think everyone should read Our search for happiness....in fact I thought a lot about Jeff and Jamie when I read it, I think they would like it a lot. Get it for them for easter. Haha..just kidding. Maybe. When is easter any way?
Ok I gotta make this short! I love you guys so much and I think about pray about you often! Share the Gospel with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment