Tuesday, April 19, 2011

scoopin my booty outta bed

Yes transfers are tomorrow. How did you all know? Did I tell you last week? Hm. anyway we got our call this morning...and drum roll please.... Im staying right here in Oxnard with my companion (trainer). Shes great, and this is her last transfer of her mission. CRAZY. Which probably means I will be staying in Oxnard next transfer too but we will see. Update on our investigators. We have SO many new investigators right now...but they have all just had a first lesson so we are excited to see who progresses (espero que esten todos, pero no se). The ward moved our baptism up to this weekend...thanks ward. Ha..but luckily hes ready. So Carlos will be getting baptized this weekend. Im excited for him. He had been picked up and dropped by missionaries 3 different times, he was just ready this time, and he grew sooo fast! Then we met Hilario who I told you about last week...we are teaching him again tonight for the 3rd time in 7 days. Hes super accepting and reads. Its awesome! We then actually had another cool experience the other day...we got a refferal and we went to check him out that day. We go to the house and he wasn't home so we talked to the person there for a bit and right as we were leaving he pulled up. Pablo. So we went to talk to him and he was just awe struck. He just got out of a 10 year abusive relationship and uses alcohol to cope with it. Hes super depressed. We talked to him and he looked at me and was like "you are just so happy, I can just see it in your eyes"..so we then had a cool opprotunity to testify of the Book of Mormon and Jesus Christ and how he can heal us. We gave him a Book of Mormon and set up an appointment for this week.
So in other words...the work is moving forward here in our little corner of California (Mexico). haha.
I left my old planner at home which has all the funny little things that happen during the week. Im sorry Im super bad at writing. Haha I always forget what happened through out the week.
I havent got spit on...Oh we have this investigator who really likes the gospel but his wife who is 19 years older than him has dimensia and so its super difficult because she just wants to go to her own church.
I love hearing about all the kids coming over and whats going on at home. It sounds like you all are super busy! Its still weird to me that life goes on there. Ha lately everyone who write is like you have been out for this long. Or whatever. Ha im not a fan of that. Time is just super weird right now and Id rather not think too much about the time.
Being a missionary is super awesome. Tell the grandkids that...especially Branden. Its super cool to wear a name tag every day and have EVERYTHING you do be about sharing the gospel with everyone.
Oh ok I have a good story for you. So we went to this ladies house who supposidly knows how to cook vegetarian food...so we get there and she made this stuff that looks just like meat. Sick. But she said it was soy or something..so I was like I have to eat this..so I stuff the tortillas with beans, lettuce and the stuff and tried so hard to eat it. I totally gagged and swallowed stuff whole..it was hard..finally when they werent looking my companion took a ton of it off my plate and put it on her own (so nice). Well this whole time Im thinking oh man...i cant wait to tell my family that I had to go through this...(hahaha then I thought, WOW my friends who went to south america and africa are going ot be like SHUT UP! ha). Anyway Im kinda convinced it was real meat because I did NOT feel good the next day...but I dont know.
Oh and this week we also had a zone council where we talked about "loving our companions" and we like wrote like column things about what makes us feel appreciated and what makes us feel unrespected and we had to share it with our companions. It was interesting...definitley not a bad thing but I felt like I was in marriage counciling or something haha.
Um..yeah i dont need anything else in the package so just send it on off...I already feel bad enough asking for everything I did. Thank you so much family! You are really the best!
Sorry this letter isnt very funny or whatever. I LOVE it here and Im super pumped to stay here for another transfer.
I hope everyone has a way good easter! Send some pictures of it!
I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment