Monday, April 11, 2011

Rollin' hard in the 'Nard


Whats up from Oxnard!?
What a week. So...we cut our pday short last week as you know so that we could go to the temple. Well turns our we left Oxnard at like 4:30 for the temple...so we got there in plenty time for the first session...so we ended up getting back to Oxnard at 10:40...before normal study time is even over. Ha. Anyway..so on the way there we drove along the coast the WHOLE time!! AHHH. but...of course it was pitch black so I saw..nada. Esta bien..haha. THe LA temple is soooo beautiful and I was so grateful to be there. I cant believe I hadnt gone for a little over a month. I love the temple. LA was awesome too. I love cities.

So the pictures...one is at the temple...and one is at a families house that we regularly eat at. Their little daugther had her birthday when we were there. So fun.

I love spanish and spanish people, I think its funny that you all ask how the Spanish is coming. Maybe because I only write to you in English? haha. I promise I can speak spanish. Maybe not super well...but its coming. I was frustrated a few times with it this week, but thats ok. Gave me a push to grow more. I love seeing Spanish people look at you when you speak spanish. They look so confused sometimes. Like the other day we went to a panadoria (a bread place) to get some yummy lunch and we were ordering in spanish and she was looking at us so weird. YAAA GRINGO POWER! Haha. just kidding...sorta.

That sounds like such a fun experience to go to the temple and do baptisms for Chrissy's relatives. I love the Vegas temple. Everyone sounds so busy!

Mom...you should send the package soon..not because I need it..haha but Im going to keep asking for stuff if you dont hahaha. I was just thinking that I have that like salmon colored dress from shade that would probably work here..and maybe some music. I have the reflections of christ CD...it might still be in my car..and on my computer i have like..LOTR? Haha. I can listen to anything thats uplifting and glorifies the savior..but no love songs. So I could listen to like Stephanie Smith just not the love ones. ha. Yeah. you dont have to send them though. :)

Lets see...so this week..we have been doing a TON a finding and we really are being blessed. We have found a ton of people. One that is really interesting is Hilario, we went to find a potential (a person that said they would like it if missionaries stopped by) and they werent home, we didnt really have time to go knocking where we had planned to go knocking so we decided to knock the street we were already on. So..we knocked a house and a guy talked to us for a while but said he wouldnt be interested...so then we decided well we will ask him if he has any friends or family that would like to listen and he gave a random guys name that lived with him. Well we went back 3 times to find him and never could. So we were kinda like...ok then. But we were on the street again like a day or so later and decided to try one more time so we knocked and he was there!!! Woo hoo...and THEN he let us in! It was great. We made another appointment...but he canceled...but he called to cancel so that was a good sign. So we made another appointment and went to see him, and walk with him to a church tour. He had totally read the assignment we gave him out of the book of mormon and loved it! He needs the gospel so bad in his life and it was such a miracle to find him! We are so pumped! We have had a lot of miracles like that lately, we really are being blessed.

Today, since its the last p-day before transfers we are having a zone activity, we are going to a park by the beach and playing volleyball and ultimate frisbee and some members are cooking us BBQ! Its going to be a blast!

Speaking of food...so since the Elders serve in our ward too often the 4 of us eat at dinner appointments together..some families just dont know what to serve a vegetarian so I eat a lot of beans..the Elders and my companion kinda laugh at me (in all good fun of course)...well the other day I had a bowl of fruit (which I was very content with)..and they all had this little grin on their face...and then their dinner came...HA and they had this giant soup with like bones in it. HaaaHA. Its great.

Oh and another food story...so we went to Taco Bell the other day and i got mild sauce like normal but it was like NOTHING to me...I had to use the fire sauce. I love being a Mexican haha.

I LOVED general conference. I know I already said that but it really was awesome

Sorry this is short. I love you all. All is well, all is well!

OH also me and my companion just read from the John Harvey Tippets book thing...yeah that is SO legit. Why didnt I ever know this stuff? And how exactly is he related to me?

OK love you all sooo much! The work is great!

Dad thanks for the thoughts and insights to priesthood session. Ill have to study those!

No comments:

Post a Comment