Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The week of Jehovah Witnesses

Oh life...hey family. How is it going? I always enjoy reading your emails, especially to hear that dad's operation went well. Hopefully his birthday did as well. As well as Lori's and Vanessa's. DId you guys do anything for his birthday? Was it Jaden's birthday or did you just have a party for him? Sounds like a Mexican family to me...finding any reason to have a family party. I'm down with that. When is Jayden's birthday anyway? Does Connor Simpson have an older brother named Preston? Because if so I'm friends with him...in fact I know they are siblings because me and Preston use to joke about being family. Haha. Oh and by the way I dont cover the Thousand Oaks stake.. I cover the Newbury Park stake but we go in part of thousand oaks and agorah hills

Well...it really has been a crazy week and I have learned so much...so I guess I'll just go done my notes for you. Some are funny and some are just things going on.

-Ok so one night we were walking down the street in "Las Casitas" and a bunch of little hooligans were like "God Bless you Seeesters". Oh man it just made me laugh the way they said it. It was total Nacho Libre style.

-So since we are just a little group of spanish joined with an English ward our meetings with the ward missionaries and all are in English so me and my companion have to translate to the spanish ward missionaries. AH! Its seriously so crazy.

-Haha ok and then one night we were looking for less actives and we came up to this door and knocked and then a little kid up in a window opened the window and was like "what?" or something like that and we were trying to tell him to tell an adult to come down. Well my companion was like "quieres una esticker??" Which just means "do you want a sticker" ...hahah I think I teased her for sounding creepy all day. Do you want some candddy? Come over to me van...

-It has really been a week of Testigos de Jehovah...Jehovahs Witnesses. We have run into atleast like 3 of them a day..it was crazy. And one of the less actives we found is now a jehovahs witness and talking to him like hurt our souls so bad. Just the things he was saying were awful. BUT we didnt want satan to get us down so we got into the car..prayed..sang a hymn and got on with the Lords work. SO then we went knocking and we got flipped off at the first door. Ha. What the heck...
Im pretty sure its because Im working on having more patience. Haha sorry companion...

-Then there is just so much drama with one of our investigators but last night was such a sweet experience. We dropped by to see her when we didnt have plans to do so...and me and my companion both were able to listen to the spirit and share scriptures with her that we have no idea why we thought of them. IT was such a spiritual experience for all 3 of us. I wish I could go into detail but we have to leave super soon.

-Lastly I have been so touched at how important the temple is. How everything we do should point us there and not take us off track. Ive always known that chastity is a huge commandment but Im learning more and more about why God does things, and I know when we do things Gods way we will be blessed with so much happiness that we can't even imagine.

I love you guys so much! I hope all is well. Mom I really liked your lesson about member missionaries. Its SO important to share the gospel as a member. I wish I would have been better at it. Its the best thing we have, why dont we share it? With the Living and the Dead? We need to do more temple work as well.

OK LOVE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEK and I will talk to you next week!


Tell dad happy fathers day and I love him sooo much but I wont be able to get a letter out to him this week for lack of stamps but that I think about him always and he is such an amazing Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment