Wednesday, September 14, 2011

"I'm the person that give Sister Missionaries a bad name"

Wow...so I was surprised I didnt get a call from the mission office because my parents had called wondering what happened to me...HA. Im alive but super busy. So you already know that we have to email on tuesdays instead of Mondays here because the library is closed on Mondays...well as we were planning on Friday we get a call from the "traveling sisters" and they tell us that we have to be in Ventura Monday because we are going to have a "sisters conference"..I was like ok ok thats cool...(I was a little stressed because we had a million appointments we had to reschedule on tuesday and monday but thats ok).So Sunday night we get home and we are planning and eating a dinner (scheduling dinner is for babies) and we hear this SUPER loud noise in our bedroom...so we are like frozen but grab our keys and run outside. As we run to our door some one knocks on the door (heart attack please). So we answer the door and it was our manager. She told us we had to move our car. So we leave and get in the car. We were still super freaked out and while we were in the car the zone leaders called. Ah. So we told them what was going on and they told us to call someone in the area to come check. Its almost 10 by now so we call one of the hermanas and her husband...they come right over and check it out. Everything was fine. (Hence us giving sisters a bad name...I felt super needy) Anyway..so we are getting ready to leave the next day and I go to get my luggage out of our extra closet and it was all soaking wet. I looked up and found the source of the noise from the previous night. The whole ceiling was wet with mold. Some kind of pipe started leaking/burst. So yeah...we told the apartment people and left for Ventura.So we were in Ventura on tuesday and didnt get home til like 8 o clock, we hurried and taught a lesson and came home. It was crazy. So then we planned on writing our emails on wednesday when we were in Lamont.....well Wednesday deserves its own little paragraph so here it comes..

Yesterday.. so in the morning the repair people came to fix our ceiling and that is obviously not condusive to studying so we drove out to bakersfield to study (because we had district meeting there at 11). So after district meeting we had to get our car checked because the brakes had been making funny noises. We thought it would take about an hour and then we could head up to Lamont where we had packed schedule. Well...they tell us its going to take like 6 hours. Ah. Sooo..we called everyone to cancel our appointments except for Mario (our investigator that is getting baptized next week and was having his interview that night). As we were walking we hear "Hermanas!", we turned around and it was Mario riding his bike! He had come to Bakersfield for some kind of appointment and was riding his bike to meet his friend to get a ride. So we were able to teach him a lesson right there on the side of the street. HELLO, what a miracle. It still seems so surreal to me that it happened. I know that God is really watching over Mario and is making sure he gets everything he needs for his baptism. So then we were still stuck in Bakersfield so we decided to just go knocking in one of the Elders areas...for 5 hours straight. It was CRAZY. Then when we felt like we might die a little toyota corolla full of Elders drives up with dinner and water for us. It was super sweet. BUTTTTTTT....then we get a call from Mario and the person who was suppose to give him a ride to his interview forgot about it and he didnt have a ride....and his interview was in like 20 min. So we called someone from Arvin (anastacio) to come pick him up...and of course he did because Anastacio is amazing. So Mario gets there and we are talking to anastacio (hes a recent convert that we teach..hes like 25) and I asked him how his prayers have been going about serving a mission. Oh my goodness, Im not even going to try to describe his experience because its just to sweet to describe over email, but hes amazing and is now preparing to serve a mission!!!!!! AHHHH the fruits of missionary work. Like he just got baptized this year..and because of that he will go on a mission and baptize people...his children will go...their children will go. Can I just tell you that this is the Lords work????

Ok ive used up wayyyy too much of my time telling you about these last 3 days. They have just been amazing.

Oh yes, I am still in Arvin Lamont and Tehachapi with Hna Randall.

Random American Mexican thing me and my companion have discovered= Mac and cheese with black beans and tapatio. Its cheap ok? Dont judge us.

Antonia is so amazinnngggggggggggggg. Seriously. We gave her 3 Nefi 11 to read and when we came back she brought up how amazing it was that when christ came he gave them the AUTHORITY to baptize. She told us that when she reads the book of mormon she just feels more desires to live and to be happy. THE BOOK OF MORMON IS TRUE!!!!!!!!!

So much has happened. I want to reply to all that you wrote me, thank you for the emails. I cant believe the kids are growing up so much. Its crazy. I also got a email from Chrissy and all seems super well with them. Also give Lisa a huge hug for me please. Oh and tell Cody hey and yeah he should write me for sure.

The mission is so awesome, there is nothing I would be rather doing...every day I feel like Im fighting and searching for one more hour because everything just goes by way way way way too fast.

Oh and I reformated my sd card this morning and now its working...go figure. Oh and what video did you think was so funny? Also please do not put my sweaty picture on the blog...I mean the whole world doesnt need to see that.

Tell Grandpa happy birthday for me and I love his soooooo much!!!!! I hope you guys have fun when you go out to dinner!


NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment