Thursday, September 22, 2011

Elders and their football...

Good afternoon family! How is everyone doing? Really busy I am sure...which is wonderful. Also can I just say CONGRATS JAMIE!!!!!!!! That is amazing. I had not heard anything about that so Im super happy to know. You all will have to let me know how it goes. Im sure it will be so beautiful!!! I love the temple so much. Also the primary program sounded really cute. I cant believe it is Kendall and Ryanne's last year in primary...and that Eryka is in primary too. So weird!!! So this week....so much happened (as always. I should probably stop saying that now haha) One cool thing happened...we were thinking about going to visit a former investigator who is a sibling of a member. We hurried and looked through the records and my companion wrote down the address. So we went to go visit them....and it totally wasnt the person who we thought it would be. It was a different person with the same name. BUT she totally needed the gospel and was so excited to have us back and now that her husband is back in the picture she has more support. Its a miracle for us not looking so perfectly :) haha. Also...so we were teaching this 16 year old boy for a while. His mom works with a less active member and said her son is super interested in religion. So we went over a few times but all he wanted to do was fight with us and we always left spiritually exhausted. Plus he wouldnt do anything. So we hadnt gone by for almost 3 weeks and the member kept telling us that the mom wanted us to come over. We were thinking...why? all her son does is fight with us. So we kinda just pushed it to the side and we would put their names as back up plans but we wouldnt really get over there. SO then we were walking down the street a couple days later and she totally pulls over and she was like when are you going to come over again? So we set up an appointment with her like a week later. We go for the appointment and she had totally forgot that we were coming over but the MEMBER was at the house and we were able to have a really short lesson with her but the spirit was so strong. We talked about what she could have if she did her part. We read the conversion of the anti nephi lehis. It was pretty awesome. We have another appointment with her tonight. So a lot of times if we dont have appointments in the morning its a little hard because everyone is out working. We still knock and find people but its just a little less. So we asked the Elders for some ideas of what they do. They suggested going around and talking to people in the park. We thought it was a great idea because there is a big park here in Arvin and there are always old men there playing card...wearing white cowboy hats. So we went. ha...well first off I got really excited about baptizing them all and then coming back after the mission wearing a white cowboy hat and walking up to play card games with them...but pull out a huge sack of candy and tell them we were going to play with that instead of money. Hahah..it was funny in my mind...BUT then we went back today and they are just a bunch of creepy old men...but also children of God. Ha. Another funny thing that happened this week is we were studying in the morning and we hear someone coming up our stairs..and then a knock on our door. The only people who know where we live is our manager and we figured it was something like that. Well I looked out the peep hole and it was a family...so we answered it and realized that they were all dressed really nice and the guy starts talking and is like "hey we are in the neighborhood today encouraging people to read the bible"..."9/11 this...satan that..." (They were Jehovah's Witnesses) and in that moment I realized my hair was covering my name tag so i just pushed my hair back and he looked right at it and was like "oh..." "you probably already know about the bible"...then he read us a verse and left. He was really nice though. I just dont think he expected to knock on missionaries door. I was bummed to because I have this goal to give any missionary that knocks on my door water and some fruit...but he got away too fast. haha. GENERAL CONFERENCE IS SOO CLOSE!!! I am so excited. I hope you all are thinking of questions you want answered and are preparing to listen to the prophets. Also read Mosiah 2:1-9 and see how the prepared for general conference in the book of mormon times Antonia has a new baptismal date! Shes getting baptized on the 29th of October. Its amazing the difference a month can make in someones life when they actually do the work. Like ....she is SO HAPPY. So happy. She hasnt missed church since she came 4 weeks ago, actually she missed once. But now she has her car back so she doesnt have to worry about rides. Shes just amazing. She brings her book of mormon to work and reads with one of her friends who is a member and her prayers are so sincere. I just love her so much it just gives me such a testimony that we can choose to change, we can choose to be happy and we do that by following God's commandments. How is everything going with everyone else? How are all the kids? Chelsea? I have some letters for her but I dont have Kimbers address anymore, I dont know what happened to it. Could you send it to me? Are you going to do anything for Brandens birthday? OK LOVE YOU ALL. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment