Wednesday, September 14, 2011

One week older...and wiser too?

BUENNNNNAAAAS! Pues estoy aqui. Ha.

First things first. I did get a letter in the mail from you today...im assuming it was suppose to have the SD cards in it because it was like priority mail...it was like a big white envelope. So I was super pumped. But then I opened it and all it had in it was stamps (thank you by the way) and another little envelope. No SD cards. Your note said that you were planning on sending the SD cards, I dont know if that meant in that actual letter or not? But I did notice that the bottom corner of the envelope had been ripped and taped. Did you do that? So anyway I havent gotten it yet. Hope it wasnt suppose to be in that envelope.

So I dont really know whats new...

I guess I will tell you a little happy moment I had. So we have this one recent convert we teach Carlos. He might be the death of me. No. Not really. Hes really awesome but sometimes I feel like everything I tell him just goes one ear and out the other. (sometimes). But the other day he came with us to an appointment with Antonia (she is his friend) and she asked some kind of question and he pulled out a scripture I had shared with him to help him understand what he was going through. HE LISTENS!!! I was super happy. Then that sunday he went to go pick her up for church and she was kinda down and he was totally like "no we are going...lets go". I was proud of him. Especially since....

Antonia totally recieved revelation at church that day. She has had a few hard things happen recently and the lesson in relief society was exactly for her. EXACTLY. She knows how much God loves her and she is doing all she can to learn and change. I just love her so much.

Oh...Saturday we taught 10 lessons in one day. It was awesome. One of our lessons fell through that we had planned and we thought...well...lets go check on Fransico (this guy we had taught twice). We went and he was home with his whole family and they all sat and listened and want to learn more. We are really excited about them.

Also..I just started reading the Bible along with the Book of Mormon (start to finish) and well....maybe you could ask sister handy to explain to me what the heck happened in Gen. 9. Im sure I had it explained to me before but Im totally confused and don't know how to figure it out (the part where Noah is drunk and Canaan is cursed. Why Canaan?) Thanks.

I like the Bible a lot though. I love reading about Adam and Eve and Noah ext. One phrase that ive read a few times in the Bible now that kinda sticks out to me is "walked with God". What do you all think it means to walk with God? I love that imagery and I know its so true especially in missionary work.

Oh the sisters conference in Ventura was AMAZING. We totally needed it. It was super nice being in Ventura too, it was only like 40 degrees cooler. hahaha. Running in the morning there felt super nice too. President and Sister Castro are super amazing people. I just love them so much.

I sent you a letter this morning so hopefully you will get it soon.

I think that is pretty much all that is super new. I love these people. I love this area and ward. There is this family that we eat with every Sunday. It just feels like eating with the family. They are all super nice and super understanding of me not eating meat. The other day they made me BBQed napalas (cactus). SOOOO yummy. Haha but the new missionary was like what is that? Hahah. Greenies...

Well I love you all and hope you have a really good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment