Monday, November 14, 2011

oh my...

Primero, puedo decir.....!!!HIJOLE!!!! Haha...yes mom it slipped your mind to tell me that Amber was getting married!?!?!?!?!?! Wow. I was reading Mariah's email and I was like WHHATTT??? Crazy. When I left she was totally planning on serving a mission, but the Lord works in mysterious ways. Good for her. I would love to see a picture. You also forgot to mention that Dustin is GOING TO PERU!!! That is so cool. We will be able to chit chat in the language of the heavens. Also...that uncle gene got a pacemaker???? Well Im glad to hear all is well.


Also I forgot to mention that today is the day before transfers...annnnnd. ME AND HERMANA CLARK ARE STAYING HERE TOGETHER!!!!!!!!! We really figured that but we are so happy to actually know. She's really awesome. I just love her to death and we get to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas together. We are excited. Hopefully we will be making Christmas cards today. YAY


Well the work....its good. We were able to teach a lot today. I love how the mission is organized. Its so inspired be the Lord, all the things that we do. We have a district meeting every week and since we have a celestial district we come away every time ready to take on the world. I love that we get time to study every morning, its our communication with the Lord and our chance to build our strengths and testimony. I suggest adding study time Dad to your new retired routine!


So we have a couple people with baptismal dates right now. 2 we set yesterday. One's name is Carlos. I really like how we met him...it was raining the other night and we were walking and started talked to this guy. He was young, like 20 and we talked to him awhile. We then set up an appointment and came by a couple days later. Then we met his brother carlos and taught him. So then we came back the next day and taught them both. Carlos really took in the Book of Mormon and I think he gets the fact that IF THIS IS TRUE, he needs to do something about it. He accepted to prepare to be baptized the first weekend in January.


Then there is another Carlos we are teaching. We taught him about the Restoration the other day and it was just so powerful. I felt the spirit so strong. Then at the end he said something like "Yeah I believe this is all true but I think Ill be ok in my church still"...I think my jaw almost dropped. We talked to him about it a bit and really invited him to pray and ask God, read the book of mormon, and he invited us back. I have faith that if he really does this he will know the Book of Mormon is true and everything else will follow.


We are teaching this man named Jose who we met knocking and he's SO AWESOME. He's 40 and he knows he needs a purpose in life. He was telling us that this year his new year revolution was to find a church and he felt like when we came over it was a sign from God. We taught him about the Book of Mormon and he was so excited to start reading it. He wanted to know if he should read from the beginning or what.


Jesus and Ingrid. Ingrid is a member and Jesus is her boyfriend (father of her child....) and I just love them so much. I taught Jesus when I was here last time and we dropped him pretty fast. But this time....I just feel like we are suppose to be patient. He's progressing.....VERY SLOWLY....but he is. He just needs to pray about the Book of Mormon, but we'e just been teaching him the basics and he is really soaking it in.


There are more but thats the people that were interesting this week.


I love the mission and I love my family. Its weird not being home for thanksgiving a bit, but its not even an option for me. Im here and this is the best thing I could be doing.


By the way the 30 dollars on the credit card at walgreens....I got sick....and we went to the store and just stocked up so I could get better...and IM BETTER!!! Yay. It worked.


I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THANKS FOR BEING SO LOVING AND SUPPORTING. TELL EVERYONE I SAID HI AND I LOVE THEM

No comments:

Post a Comment