Saturday, November 12, 2011

Teaching in Spanish is so much better

BUENASSSSS! Thanks for all the emails! Well first off I guess the picture is on my new hair cut....I got it last monday and the lady that cut our hair is a straight up professional. Like her clients in New York City fly her out there to cut her hair. Super awesome. ANYWAY...


OH Mother.....I got a phone call from a lady in our area who said she talked to you. I will call her today but goodness mom, haha my companion told me to be grateful my mom loves me (and I am..), but Im a serious missionary and stuff :). Bro. Campos is the person you talked to...hes a good guy. He is in the leadership in our spanish unit. He was just being nice about me. I promise haha.


Also don't be silly about me helping Hna Clark, she helps me. She's wonderful.


This week has been good. I mean...we had to drop like 5 of our investigators this week but thats ok, you just have to have faith that because they aren't ready right now, they will be in the area book and someone will come a long and find them when they are ready. I know thats true.


HOWEVER we have a quite a few investigators who are hanging strong and really growing their testimonies. One of our investigators Jesus (who has had missionaries in his house since 2005) bought us jerseys from a Mexican team called "America"...he found out that I have a chivas jersey and was super disappointed ha. So he's getting our name put on the back of it and everything. Super legit. It warms my heart. I love them all so much. I feel like he's progressing. I feel like he's so much more open to the gospel right now and I pray every day that right now is his time. He needs the gospel so bad.


We also are still teaching Luis and his family. They are wonderful and read the Book of Mormon every day together as a family and have started saying prayers like we taught them. The wife still has the attitude that "all of the religions are the same, just pick one you like"...ah. But Luis is really really accepting. The only hard thing is that their son is getting ready for communion so he has his classes at the same time as church. They have come once though. I have a lot of faith in them.


Leydey...shes really confused but I can see her faith growing little by little.


We had a really spiritual testimony meeting this week, and me and hna clark taught the relief society lesson in the spanish relief society. It was great. We just talked about the Book of Mormon, its amazing because it is something so basic in our church but its so true and so powerful.


If I every become queen of spanish land I am banning the phrase "Si Dios quiere" ....anyone who served spanish would understand....it just means "if God wants" and they say it a lot when you ask them to church...ext. SI DIOS QUIERE! ha...its interesting.


I LOVE SPANISH.


Thank you again for the package I have been putting the jacket to use the last couple of days.


Oh and tell blake that he should totally go to BYU I. i think thats a very good idea, we can hang out and speak spanish :) yay yay yay. I can't believe all these people are coming back. I hate time. Every week goes by way too fast. Every day. we always get mid day and Im like HOW???? WHERE DID THIS DAY GO? I love being a missionary. Oh and speaking of BYU I you can just go online and look, you could probably ask Vanessa to help you.


Thanks for the tape! I will definitely start making one. It was so weird listening to Millie, I can't believe she can speak full sentences!!!!


How is thanksgiving planning go? I love thanksgiving so much....BUT I have my whole life to go to the tippetts thanksgiving so Im not even worried about it...I GET TO BE A MISSIONARY FOR THANKSGIVING!!!


give my love to everyone!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FAMILY!!! THE GOSPEL IS TRUE! TELLbishop thanks for the email and I will write the ward soon. Hopefully today

No comments:

Post a Comment