Tuesday, November 29, 2011

reading the chariot

Goodmorning. Sorry this letter is a little late, we had to give our car "fraisa" a little deep clean this morning. We are totally Ammon missionaries hahaha. ANYWAY.


Here we are. We just had a really good week, well it started off a little rocky and we had our ups and downs but it was illuminated by all the amazing things that happened...I don't think Ill be able to describe them all because it was just so awesome. One day you'll hear all about it Im sure.


Oh and first of all thanks for all the emails and pictures. I loved seeing everyone at Thanksgiving. It looked like it was so fun!!!! Im happy. Our thanksgiving was perfect. Just the way I hoped it would be. We started off the morning running around and putting thanksgiving notes on all our investigators doors (well not all but a lot). We had traced our hands and made little turkeys and put them up every where. It was really fun. THen we had a few appointments and then at 2 we went to the house where we live and had thanksgiving dinner with them and their family. It was delicious, we shared a message and went around the table saying all the things we were thankful for, then we headed out and just worked. Thanksgiving is great and the way we show our love and gratitude for God as missionaries is working. So it was awesome.


I know Mom...7 days until my birthday.Please Don't remind me. Ill be 22.. yikes. Not my favorite thing. The only person who knows is my companion, and I made her swear not to tell anyone...but some how my zone leaders know....hmmm. Anyway its a Pday so I will be eating a red velvet cheesecake from cheesecake factory and then just doing normal stuff.




SO this week....


SO miracle number one. We were in this apartment complex visiting a few people and we had a few minutes until our next appointment so we decided to knock a bit. We were in the aisle thing and I pointed down and said farthest ones to the left. We went and knocked....nothing....knocked another....nothing..knocked again and found this Indian woman. We started talking to her and testifying and talking about eternal families. She then said "hold on let me go wake up my husband". So she invited us in and we talked and taught her and her husband. Such a sweet family, we asked if the english elders could come by and she said yes. So we left. Then a couple hours later the zone leaders call us (they are over the YSA ward) and they were like did you talk to someone named Benni in hill crest apartments? And we were like yes.....So the Zone leaders were in the area looking for a member who wasn't home so they started knocking and knocked into Benni and his family. We both talked about how we felt such a sweet spirit there! So cool!


We have this investigator Magdalena who missed an appointment this week because she got called into work. We were on her street 2 days later and our appointment fell through. We decided to go see her. We found her and taught her the Restoration. She got so emotional when we told her about Joseph Smith, the spirit was so strong and she committed to prepare to be baptized. She has work on Sundays so that will be a struggle. BUT all things are possible the with help of Christ...


Speaking of all things are possible. I translated on Sunday because all the spanish people were in the english sacrament so i wore this headphone thing with a microphone and they all had headsets. There were totally people who could have done a better job but Im grateful I had the experience because it was amazing to feel the help of my Heavenly Father. The church is TRUE! Spanish is amazing!


We found a less active the other day who hasn't been to church in a year and she let us in..we taught her and she invited us to come back the next week!!


We had an outpouring of member referrals. One set up an appointment with us immediately over the phone and she is SO excited.


I love this work. I know that when we work hard and do all we are suppose to do, the Lord will bless us...


Like with Sylvia she is another investigator and she is with a member of the church. They can't get married because they were both married in Mexico and couldn't get a divorce, but the divorce should be done ...is done...or something and she wants to be baptized with all her heart. She comes to church and we are teaching her now. Im hoping for a white christmas (white as in white baptismal jumpsuits).


Also..when I get home I am writing "Mission- the musical". Its going to be great and I am already practicing the songs. You can even ask Hermana Clark. Haha.


Thanks so much for all you do for me. You are too good for me. I don't need anything for my birthday or Christmas just love. Maybe christmas you could send something that I can give to my companion. She is just so cool and I am really grateful for her.


We have zone conference this week, I am looking forward to an outpouring of revelation and its always great to see President and Sister Castro!


Love you all, cuidense mucho y nos vemos.


You should tell Veronica and Aunt Patty to write to me in spanish. How were they by the way?


Oh and of course Hno Campos said nice things, he's just a really nice guy. Always helping us out.


OH and its far away but I guess you should start talking with the family when it would be best to get together to call.


LOVE YOU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment