Thursday, October 27, 2011

Screaming Testimony

Well Hello family. Estoy aqui nada mas. This week went by sooooooo fast. Way to fast. I feel like Pday was yesterday! I think I had like two freak outs this week because I feel like time is going by wayyy too fast. I mean I didn't way freak out. Just a little haha. Crazy. What are the fam plans for halloween? What are the kids dressing up like? I know that Jaden is going to be Harry Potter but thats it. haha. Trunk o treat? We have to go in early on halloween but at 8 o clock. So not super early. We are going to be missionaries for halloween, just in case you were wondering. I wonder if people will still give us candy when we knock on their door...haha probably not.


So events of this week.


LUIS and VIKI and family came to church this week. They are sooo amazing. we just randomly met them knocking and he asked us to come back another day. We came back and he just wanted to know all about prophets and they are really just searching for the truth. So the next appointment we read the BOM with them because they didn't totally understand it. In the middle of it we invited them to church and they accepted with no hesitations. Then they CAME! Ah. THen after sacrament they said they had to leave but one of the members talked to them and invited them to sunday school and they stayed!!! I was so happy and proud of that member. I know it was so important for them to stay!


I FOUND RENE!!!!!!!!!! I know this isn't so exciting to everyone else but I taught him like twice last time I was here and I couldn't get him out of my mind once I got back. I wanted to find him. So i went to his address and they said no one by that name lived there. So i knocked around there...and we looked every where. SO today we decided to target before going and doing email. We were walking to go check out and there was RENE I was so happy/freaked out. We talked and he told me where he lives and he showed me how he has our number in the phone and bla bla bla. IT was so cool. It just gives me a huge testimony that we just need to "be good girls and good boys and we will be guided" (Elder Bednar's talk given at the MTC) People sometimes stress out sooo much about following the spirit and knowing if they are or not. But I know we were guided by the spirit to be there, but I sure didn't think that when we decided to do it that way. SO COOL.


Lets see...oh so last night we were knocking kind of late and night and I was bearing my testimony to this guy and all of a sudden I hear this barking getting really close to me and my companion grabbing my arm and squealing...I screamed of course. I didn't know what was coming my way...hahahaha. But I was alright and I went back on..the guy forgave me i guess because he still made an appointment with us and said a prayer. Hahaha..oh man.


I just asked my companion what else we did that just made us laugh...there is a lot but we can't remember. She's really wonderful. I love being her companion.


Oh I was wondering if you could look at how much BOM in spanish CDs would cost..they should be like 3 bucks. I would think...I don't know. But a lot of people can't read here.


I read these scriptures this week and loved them. Exodus 3:11-12. I feel like this is me. I am nothing on my own...but I love how he tells Moses "Certaintly I will be with thee". I really feel like that is true. Also Because of conference I have been trying to memorize a scripture every week. THis week I'm on Mosiah 28:3. I have a testimony that memorizing scripture is something that Heavenly Father wants us to do. I know it will give us strength comfort or whatever we need when we need it.


Oh,...my companion just reminded me of something "rapid bowels"...I have a problem. Like we will be out and I will HAVE to go to the bathroom. There is no in between. I either don't have to go or I REALLY have to go. But we have also found that in almost ALL of our bathroom runs we have found someone or ran into someone we needed to talk to. Inspired bathroom runs....the Lord is that precise in his work. Really though....


The family we live with is so wonderful. Its so peaceful coming home every night. Im super grateful for it.


We are teaching some really cool people right now and we are just trying to find the people who are ready. Javier is reading and is already in 1 Nefi 3. He hasn't come to church yet but he's been out of town. He accepted to be baptized the first weekend in December. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!


I LOVE THIS WORK! I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON! It is soooo true. The gospel is true and every single person can know it!


HAVE A GOOD WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment