Monday, February 27, 2012

So I can't believe its Monday again...




Where is the time going?? I really cannot believe that is monday already. I was talking with my companion this morning and I was like "Mondays are just crazy, on one hand I feel like everything that happened this week happened so long ago and I should have already told you about it but on the other hand it feels like just yesterday was Monday so how could I have anything new to talk about? haha. She agreed.

So yesterday morning we drove straight to church from Bakersfield...but I guess I should start my email from last tuesday... Or..I dont really know where to start...ok

SO thanks for the sonic giftcard. I got it when I was in Newbury Park but there are no Sonic's in all of Ventura county so I was pretty bummed. BUT when we were in Bakersfield this weekend we got to use it a few times and I will be able to use it next time we are up there! YAY for ocean water. Such a treat. You are the best mom.

Wednesday was great, it was our only "full" day in our area because we were going to Bakersfield and we had zone conference and P-day ...and that full day ended at 6:30 because we had to drive to Bakersfield. We had lots of good appointments though. In the morning our first appointment fell through so we were walking around this trailer park checking up on a few investigators but not very many people were home at this time of day so we were walking to go check on someone that one of our investigadores told us might be interested and as we were walking we saw this teenage boy walking into his house and we stopped him and asked him if his parents were home and he said yes so we came right up and talked to her. She learned from missionaries in Oxnard but moved up here. She has brain cancer and is just really searching for answers. We were able to testify to her of the power of the Book of Mormon in bringing others to Christ. She was really open and invited us back. We had an appointment every hour for the rest of the day. Then we headed up to Bakersfield and stopped in Fillmore for some good ol Taco Bell and were able to declare the gospel to some men that were sitting next to us in Taco Bell. They just kept looking over at us and so we were able to strike up a conversation with them and testify as they were leaving. They know the missionaries in Bakersfield (where they are from) and have a Book of Mormon. YAY!

Then Thursday we were in South Bakersfield thursday and I went out with Hermana Randall (my companion when I was in Bakersfield but now she is in another part of Bakersfield). It was such a great day. We ran into a few people and the spirit was just so strong. Loved it. The day went by WAY too fast.

Then we headed over to east bakersfield english sisters. I was with sister Forbes (I included a picture of that exchange I was wearing a pink skirt). She just got emergency transfered there for some silly things and she was kind of stressed out and it was fun to be able to go out tracting with her and find a TON of new investigators. I think we found like 4 new investigators or more. Such a successful day. One thing I loved about that day is we went to go check on a "potential" and as we were walking there we see this man outside so we go to talk to him and he just wanted to fight with us from the get go. He was trying to bash us and I was just smiling and testifying of the Book of Mormon but it got to a point where he just wasnt listening at all so I just went up to him and gave him and hand shake and told him it was so nice to meet him and I invited him to read the Book of Mormon and ask God if it was true...and then he just went off and was like "I dont buy your fake niceness at all. I know its fake and bla bla bla...your church is from the devil...bla bla bla". So we left...and I was fine...because there was nothing more that we could have done but still...hearing that someone thinks you are fake is kind of a bummer. So we go to the potentials house and no one was home but as we walked to the car we noticed there was a lady working in her garden so we went over there to talk to her and at first she was a little stand offish but we started talking to her and she was telling us that she was looking for a church because hers got shut down and before she had seen our missionaries and always thought they looked really happy but never really wanted to talk to them and she told us that she could tell that we "had christ in our hearts" because of how happy we were. It was awesome...so at first she didnt want to make an appointment but finally we gave her this scripture to read and we asked her if we could come back and discuss it and she went and got her calender. It was so great to just see the spirit working on her. LOVE IT. Also when we were there we contacted this lady and had her pray at the end and she cried...it is SO rewarding to help people start their communication with God again.

Then we headed to do "tri pans" I went to east bakersfield hermanas (aka ARVIN!!!!! my old area) and Sister Dalton went to North Bakersfield. It was so great to be in Arvin again, it is such a heavenly place with so many spanish people. We had a random miracle there...we went to go check on someone I use to teach at like 8 oclock...she had moved so we went to check on someone they are teaching who I also taught (and he llives with a member)..so I asked the member if he knew where Antonia moved and he told us. So we went to go check it out but we were one house off and found this really cute family and taught them. SO COOL! I love the the Lord works.

Then on Sunday we were sitting in church on sunday and in walks this lady Chris Star ( I guess I should explain. Last pday we had a referral for her from church headquarters that she wanted a bible so we went to go contact her and taught her for a few minutes and gave her the bible and invited her to church but we werent able to see her again because we were going to Bakersfield). She walks in with her boys and it was just such a miracle! Her youngest boy had a hard time adjusting to primary so she sat in there the whole time but I think that wasgood because she got to see what it was all about. SO GREAT!

Oh the other picture is us missionaries with (formerly ELder) brother Finkle. He worked for the California Ventura Mission for 13 years and would take the missionaries who served in Ventura to Duke's (a hamburger place) So he took us newbies there. So fun. Then the other picture is me and Sister Dalton by the beach (Duke's is right close to the beach)


That 5k sounds so awesome. Tell them I said congrats and thanks for the story about the blessing. I have such a huge testimony of the priesthood!!! OK I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH AND TAKE CARE!!!! TALK TO YOU NEXT WEEK. (oh and also this week we will be going to Lompoc on friday and Santa Maria on Saturday)

No comments:

Post a Comment