Monday, February 20, 2012

Venturaaaaaa............


So can I just say its AMAZING to just walk out of church and see the ocean??? Ventura is so beautiful. There are many times where we are driving around and we get really close to the ocean. ITS SO BEAUTIFUL...but ive been driving so its kind of hard to see. My companion promised me that when we drive up to Santa Maria she will drive so that I can get a great view of the coast...not that any of this matters haha.

SO you asked where I will be. Well this week on wednesday I will be going to Oxnard (yay) and on Saturday I will be going to Newbury Park! Then next weekend we will be heading up to Bakersfield for days but I will let you know next week when that will be. Im super excited about my new assignment but I wont lie it has been a CRAZY week. Ive had to get used to teaching in English and going to a English ward. Its so weird! We still teach in spanish quite a bit but its so different. We have also had to go to meetings and plan exchanges and wow. I have so much respect for the assistants to the president because they do what we do but 1000 times more. I dont know how they have time to teach. Its going to be so fun though and the people here are so great! We have some really solid investigators right now. In English and in Spanish and we are just really pumped to work hard this transfer. My companion Sister Dalton is so cool! She is from Portland, Oregon and we are getting a long really well. We live in an apartment (im telling you this mom because I know this is detail you want haha).

So I guess I can tell you about some of the things that have happened since Ive been here (everything is kind of blurred...so bare with me) ...

Steve! Such a cool investigator. I met him when I came here on exchanges with Sister Dalton and I was so excited to come back and teach him. He grew up in the RLDS church. He is so thoughtful and is dating a member of the church. He is really growing his testimony in the Book of Mormon.


Brother Bruce. He is an 84 year old man that wants to be baptized on his birthday in june but we are trying to help him understand that he can be ready before that. We have really been helping him to discover the book of mormon. Its been great.

Raquel Raymundo and Naomy. Great family, I have only taught the daughter so far but have talked to the mom and the dad and they are just so solid. They are getting a lot of opposition from their friends and family but I feel like we can help them hold strong.

There are lots of others....we had two miracles this week where we helped 2 people to pray who hadnt really ever prayed out loud in their lives and the spirit was just really strong.

I havent been able to meet a lot of them because it has been pretty crazy.

Oh another experience...we went to dinner with a member family and as we were walking in we started talking to this little homeless lady and as we were talking to her this drunk homeless man came up and just started screaming at us and telling us we were brainwashed, ext. It was crazy I had never had that happen to me in my mission (spanish people are a lot nicer). But it was just nice being able to smile and him be confident and tell him that God loves him.

OHHH...also....eek. SOOOO we might have a little issue. So you know how you asked me when I go home? well thats not normally something they just tell you, and not something that you think about a lot...BUT i counted so I could tell you when i would be home...well I counted to the six week of the transfer and we go home on the 1 week of the next transfer. I wasnt really thinking. So I actually will be coming home on the 25th of July. I dont know if that messes up plans and if it does Im really really sorry buit there isnt much that I can do right now. Im really really sorry I hope you can get everything figured out and I hope this doesnt cause you any stress....

anyway. So Mariah told me that Katie Johnston is engaged!!!! Tell her congrats for me.

Oh and Pats funeral sounded really nice. I really am going to miss her and I know she can be proud of the life she lived...I mean she raised Lisa! That right there is an amazing accomplishment, such a great lady. Give her a hug for me.

Anyway I have to go but I love you all a lot! Have a great day!!! THE CHURCH IS TRUE!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment